Axe FX II +/MFC101 with Bogner XTC/RJM Mini Amp Gizmo

Hey Guys,

I need some help setting up my rig. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the Mini Amp gizmo to switch channels on different patches for my rig. I have my bogner XTC ran 4 cable method with Axe FX II+ controlled by the MFC101 mk3.

I have the RJM amp gizmo with XTC cable plugged into amp and switching channels via front buttons on the RJM gizmo works perfectly. I just can't seem to write the channel switches to patches. I have it connected via Midi out on the Axe FX to the Midi in on the Amp Gizmo. Somehow its not recognizing it. Whenever I hold the "Write" button on the RJM Gizmo nothing happens. I contacted RJM and they said to try the midi thru on the axe fx II but that didn't solve the issue. Is there a certain setting I need to fix in the I/O settings? I have the Axe II on Midi Channel 1 and same for the RJM gizmo.

Can someone with experience on this setup help me out?

Thanks!

Sorry, no experience with the device ..... but sounds like no MIDI hitting the Gizmo? I see from it's Manual that Saving is only possible when it has received a PC message

Does it react at all as in call up a previously saved switch state (if any exist) when you hit random high or low number presets on the MFC?

Have you any other piece of gear that has MIDI In and receives PC messages on Omni or CH 1 you can try connecting to the AxeFX MIDI Out or Thru? Does it react to Preset changes from the MFC?

You say you've a 'AxeFX II+'? Is that a AxeFX XL/XL+ or AxeFX II MK1/2?

Is MIDI Thru turned on in I/O > MIDI page on AxeFX? (I have a MK1 AxeFX II so I'm not sure if MIDI THRU on/off is a similar soft switch option on XL models ... maybe they have permanent hard wired Thru's)

Maybe list out your first 15 or so settings from the AxeFX I/O > MIDI page (or take pics of the scrolled screens with phone and post up)

Hey Hayden. im planning to make a video & help you out. I find the Fractal manuals miss alot of key information so I'll try & get that video for you soon.
In summary, Axe FX runs on channel 1. The RJM needs to run on channel 2. All patch programming must be done in the MFC; the Axe is really just acting as midi interface at this point. Your connections sound right - the secret is in the programming within the MFC to output a patch change on midi channel 2. So, if you select patch #54 on your MFC, it can send a midi message to the RJM on midi channel 2 saying "select patch #3 on the RJM" (cause the Bogner only has 3-4 channel selections available).
Hope this makes sense & stay tuned for a video ASAP

Here you are. Select your preset you want to edit (eg: #336). The program change needs to happen in the 'preset' menu (not the midi menu!). Then go to 'ProgCh' screen (page x 2), hit up to select 'Ch2' = this is midi channel 2. Select 'parameter' over to the 'ProgCh' value & hit up/down arrows to the select the patch number on the RJM or other device here (eg: patch #2). Hit 'edit/save' = done!

So, if patch #2 on your RJM is always the dirty channel on your Bogner, just repeat these steps for every Axe preset you want to user the dirty channel. Obviously, replace patch #2 with patch #3 if you wanted to use your lead channel etc.

p.s - please make sure you read the RJM manual & ensure it is setup for midi channel 2

Back
Top Bottom