Axe FX II Mesa Boogie Mark IV Live Tone Matching results

Dimebucker

Experienced
Greedings

I did want share little tone test for one of my Original Mesa Boogie Mark IV tone matching presets. I was tone matching my old settings for Axe FX II ,and source was my old Original Mesa Boogie Mark IV B-version head whit 6L6:s. I was struggle a lot for those Axe FX II 5-band EQ settings ,to get those be exactly like I was have in backing days in Original Mesa Boogie Mark IV head. I was use Live Tone matching features for all of those my TM presets ,that clip have one of those my old settings.

And I must say whit that Tone Matching process ,I did get exactly same tone what I was use in backing days whit Original Mesa Boogie Mark IV head. It was dead on when I was compare that tone to original source. And in that first clip which is Axe FX II without Live Tone Matching process ,I was get almost same tone what I was use backing days. I was try to get those Axe FX II 5-band EQ sliders to correct positions a long time ,and those settings what first clip use are almost there. But there was still difference ,in tone side and feel side too. But Live Tone Matching did a job ,and i was very happy for that.

And that soundcloud clip first record is Axe FX II without Live tone matching ,and second record is Axe FX II whit Live tone matching engage.

There is difference in live and normal tone matching process ,you can test that if you have some original amp. I was notice right a way difference ,when i was tone matching that Mark IV. You can also see in tone matching block frequency analyzer window ,how much different curve there will be if you set to live tone matching engage. I highly recommended to use live tone matching whit original amps ,but when it comes to tone matching album tones then normal tone matching is good to be there.

Sounds good, still a little sketchy on the difference between live and not live tone matching.

Yeah there is some difference ,in both of those tones for sure. Sure i can share that Tone Matching preset ,but there are few things. First there is Ownhammer Marshall 1982 loaded whit 65s IR ,i can not share that IR sadly. And second is that I'm in FW13.07 still ,if you use newer Firmware version there may have some tone difference. But sure you can test that tone ,below is link where you can find that tone matching preset.

It is in that link and page 2 post 23 ,and there take that TM2 that is what i was use. And also remember there may have some stock cabinet ,you must replace that if you don't like that cab sound. I was use in this clip only one IR ,and that was Ownhammer Marshall 1982 65s vintage mix. And two things what i was chance in that tone matching preset TM2 was ,input trim to 0.500 value and i was shut down that PEQ block what was last in chain.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...hannel-tone-matching-tips-tricks-welcome.html

both good, first more bass more girth, second more treble more mid push. care to share tms? thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom