Axe FX II Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+

Dimebucker

Experienced

Greedings

I did record some clip for one of my new presets ,what I have been creating a while now. It is Axe FX II Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ tone ,and there is clip for that tone also. There was some hard part to creating that tone ,because Axe FX II PEQ blocks and filter blocks are all engage whit that preset. I was need more of those blocks ,but unfortunately all those blocks did run out.

Last edited:
Nice tone.
I love this amp, but find it harder to get a good tone out of it, for example compared to the Triptik (which is also a great amp, just lacking a bit of low end with V30 cabs IMO, I will try it with the Creambacks when I get home).
Do you use the advanced parameters?
Do you use any pre-post filtering and/or od pedal?
Which cab do you use?
I would like to learn any approach to this amp.
Thanks.

Hey Dimebucker, I'm out of town right now in Texas on a mini family vacation (btw, Six Flags is way overrated :razz) and can only listen on my laptops speakers which aren't the best sounding and hard to judge by. Sounds good from what I can tell (I'll listen on my home computer's speakers when I get home).

Looking forward to the patch when it's finished. :)

Thanks mate Yeah Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ is amazing amp ,nice to have that amp too in Axe FX II. Yeah its big process almost every time to tweak sound what you want ,you can get amazing tones in regular stock amp without any extra EQ:s Filter etc.... But my case almost every time when I'm looking for some tone ,I don't get those tones whit stock settings and one simple setup. I like push more those amp to get what I'm looking for ,that why I almost every time use GEQ and PEQ and Filters etc...

V30:s are good and amazing speakers ,but in this tone those did not work I did notice that right a way. I use V30:s very much ,and those works all kind of stuff. Try also 65s if you are going to test Creambacks ,those 65s are amazing speakers. I did use only for those amp block settings ,dynamics power tone etc..... No I don't use any extra distortion pedals first in chain ,sometimes I use PEQ first in chain its give amazing results.

I was looking for good old Marshall 412 65s loaded cabinet IR:s for that preset ,but I did not find exactly what I want so. There was few old Marshall 412 65:s IR:s ,what I did like a lot but in this preset they did not work sadly. I did use my very old tone what I did find to capture that cab ,I don't remember anymore what cab there was. But I remember it was Marshall 412 65s ,old ones or new ones speakers. Yeah Mark series Boogies are little bit tricky to use ,because those amps works very different if you compare those for Marshall ENGL etc....

And btw I did use in that preset too ,one of my Mesa Boogie 5-band EQ TM what I did some months ago. I did try to get again that Axes Mark IIC+ 5-band EQ settings correct ,I did get very close in this time. But way off it was still sadly ,and I did put that my old Extra TM 5-band EQ block there to get those sliders to be correct positions.

Nice tone.
I love this amp, but find it harder to get a good tone out of it, for example compared to the Triptik (which is also a great amp, just lacking a bit of low end with V30 cabs IMO, I will try it with the Creambacks when I get home).
Do you use the advanced parameters?
Do you use any pre-post filtering and/or od pedal?
Which cab do you use?
I would like to learn any approach to this amp.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Good to hear you bro ,nice to hear you have time to vacation there :encouragement: Yeah laptop speakers are not best speakers to listen music ,but whit headphones you can get very good results whit laptop also. And thanks yeah when you get back to home ,then listen that again bro. Yeah mate lets speak soon ,and have a good time there. 8)

Hey Dimebucker, I'm out of town right now in Texas on a mini family vacation (btw, Six Flags is way overrated :razz) and can only listen on my laptops speakers which aren't the best sounding and hard to judge by. Sounds good from what I can tell (I'll listen on my home computer's speakers when I get home).

Looking forward to the patch when it's finished. :)

Ok, back home now. Sounds pretty good. I initially thought it needed more bass, but after comparing it with the isolated guitar tracks from MOP, I think it may need a little more high-end (and maybe a little less in the low-mids):

I don't know, yours sounds kind of harsh in comparison. A little too "hard" sounding, if that makes sense. I think maybe you haven't quite found the right IR yet.

Don't get me wrong though, it does sound good. You just haven't completely nailed the tone yet. :)

Nice to hear that you are back to home bro ,yeah its very close to old Metallica Mark IIC+ tones. :encouragement: I feel that preset do not need more low end ,if I boost low end little bit more it will blow speakers off mate. That tone have tight and punchy low end. Yeah MOP album kind of tone I have working on bro ,that MOP track In MOP album is very different that others in that album. All other songs in that album ,have more darkness and low end. And not so much that in the face tone ,what MOP track have.

And yeah I have working on that aggressive character for tone ,maybe you did hear that if you mean hard sounding. True I did not find right IR ,I`m pretty sure it is Marshall 1982 JCM800 412 loaded whit 65s what I need to try. Ownhammer vintage 65s did get close ,but there was missing still something. 75s and V30 did not work whit old Metallica style Mark IIC+ tones ,there was mid and high spikes too much and little bit too bright those speakers was. And also Metallica did use two Marshall cabinets in studio ,whit three mics per cab. And all three mics was different mics ,and those mics did have different board EQ also. And there was 6/18 guitar tracks per song in studio records ,and those all did have different panning and EQ:s. 8)

Ok, back home now. Sounds pretty good. I initially thought it needed more bass, but after comparing it with the isolated guitar tracks from MOP, I think it may need a little more high-end (and maybe a little less in the low-mids):

I don't know, yours sounds kind of harsh in comparison. A little too "hard" sounding, if that makes sense. I think maybe you haven't quite found the right IR yet.

Don't get me wrong though, it does sound good. You just haven't completely nailed the tone yet. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom