Axe-fx II - Melodic Death Metal - FW9

drawnacrol

Inspired

Original metal clip in D standard trying out Firmware 9 on the Axe-Fx 2. The improvement in palm mutes and dynamics is crazy. I wasn't sold on previous firmwares and was thinking of selling it but FM 9 has sealed the deal. I can't wait to see how FW 10 turns out.

I'm using a blend of the Diezel VH4 + Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier amp models, TS9 boost up front and a mix of German and Recto cabs I think?

Guitar is a Schecter C-1 Custom with a Bareknuckle Alnico Nailbomb in the bridge tuned to D standard and drums are Toontrack Metal Machine.

Soundcloud link:
https://soundcloud.com/drawnacrol/axe-fx-ii-metal

Tips are always welcome!
Cheers!

What about some 'Life Metal' sorry, so sick of death. Recent events all over the country combined with a father killing his kids then himself in the next county last week has left me more than sensitive to even the word 'death'....death sucks. Head bang and palm mute because you love life and start a new style called 'Lifemetal'!!
Sorry about the tangent here guys, I realize it's s style and so forth, just needed to vent. Great playing by the way!

Last edited:
Cheers guys!!!

Yeah, those palm mutes are tight indeed. And you are asking for tips? You better reveal yours! ;)

Ha, well what do you want to know? For tight palm mutes I set the low-cut to about 80hz, roll back the Proximity to cut some of the boominess from the cab and then use a slight shelf EQ to cut the lows and highs so the mids stand out more. I like how you can get very unorthodox with the Axe-fx using pre and post EQs to shape your sound.

What about some 'Life Metal' sorry, so sick of death. Recent events all over the country combined with a father killing his kids then himself in the next county last week....death sucks. Headbang and palm mute because you love life and start a new style called 'Lifemetal'!!

Life Metal, Lifecore, Lifegrind, Blackened Life Metal, It just doesn't have the same ring tbh:lol

Tiiight!...

Can't really hear the death metal aspect, but still nice dude :)

Depends what you classify death metal as because it has so many sub genres. Melodic death metal(In flames/Soilwork) sounds nothing like Technical Death Metal(Necrophagist/Obscura/Nile). I just call it metal but I wanted to name the video something other than "Axe-fx II Metal" since there are so many of those already. I think its more Metalcore than anything ha.

Back
Top Bottom