Axe FX II Mark2 high pitched noise from the unit [NOT A BUG]

AlanB

Hi. I just recently bought Axe-Fx 2 Mark 2 second hand. It was like new, still had the sticker on LCD. I've noticed after, that it's making high pitched squeel from the unit itself, not speakers. Even without all the leads plugged in. I've discovered that it is caused by cab/ tone matching block. Even if it is off, or not in the line. It just has to be there somewhere and axe starts making that squeely noise. It wasn't that bad few days ago, but today it has gotten pretty loud. I reloaded the firmware and did reset. Can anyone tell what that could be? And please tell me that if the unit is faulty I have Fractal warranty even if I bought it second hand. Thanks, Alan.

Probably the fan. You should contact support. In the future please note that this subforum is for the reporting of software bugs, not defects or failures.

How could it be the fan. when I remove the cab block, it stops immediate. And I can hear the fan operating.

Perhaps the power supply. Switching power supplies can make noise due to magnetostriction in the transformers/chokes. As the load changes the intensity and pitch can change.

Well, I suppose it's not normal as most of the users don't experience it. Besides that it is annoying as hell, and makes it unusable for me, do I have to worry about anything? Can I do anything to fix it?

Well, I suppose it's not normal as most of the users don't experience it. Besides that it is annoying as hell, and makes it unusable for me, do I have to worry about anything? Can I do anything to fix it?

You can contact support and arrange to have the unit serviced.

Back
Top Bottom