Axe-FX II mark II praises!

milleniumking

Inspired
Hello all, newish member here. Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been using an axe ultra for a few years, flip flopping between it and an evh 5150 iii amp and matching cab. I have moved on to an axe ii mark ii and havent looked at my evh! Lol. Actually have it for sale right now.

Im absolutely in love with it. A couple silly things that I dig about it are:

- no need for a fx loop to output to 2 speakers! When independant volumes are needed. Love it.

- the tone, oh my the tone! I use the friedman 2018 mostly but wow, it sounds fantastic!

There is more but I want to keep this kinda short.

Next purchase is buying a new frfr speaker set. Leaning towards an Alto ts112a mainly because of the praise it gets for an affordable speaker. However the Mackie 12a thumps are really intriguing me as well. My dpeakers right now are pretty crappy.

Anyway, thats all I got for now.

Thanx for reading!

So a few more days on... I have purchased an Alto Ts310 and wow, my old crappy powered speaker has nothing on this one!

It sounds so mich better, more natural and more presence. Amazed!

I have a question though, I have 2 inputs on the Alto, can I run 2 outs from my axe into each of these? They both have their own volume controls I am assuming for each “channel” of the speaker.

You're going to be very happy with the Axe-Fx II, especially with a nice FRFR speaker.

And yes, the Friedman 2018 is glorious. And surprisingly versatile.

With your Alto Ts310, I would only use one of the inputs. The two inputs are there if you want to mix two independent sources. If you want stereo you're going to need to get another speaker.

You're going to be very happy with the Axe-Fx II, especially with a nice FRFR speaker.

And yes, the Friedman 2018 is glorious. And surprisingly versatile.

With your Alto Ts310, I would only use one of the inputs. The two inputs are there if you want to mix two independent sources. If you want stereo you're going to need to get another speaker.

Thanx for the info. Im loving it so far!

Back
Top Bottom