Axe Fx II making a weird noise

PJ1

Inspired
Hello,

Approximately every three seconds or so, I hear a double clicking sound coming from inside my Axe Fx II. It makes a Click-Klock sound that is very audible. Almost like an contactor switch opening and closing. Any ideas?

AFAIK there are no relais / mechanical switches inside the Axe-Fx II but the only moving part is the fan. If your Axe-Fx is out of warranty maybe open the lid to have a look if the fan is running properly - or to discover where else the sound has its source. Be careful when opening the Axe-Fx as the fan is mounted to the lid while its cable is connected to the mainboard. In case your Axe-Fx is still under warranty I would recommend to open a support ticket to get instructions from FAS.

Last edited:
AFAIK there are no relais / mechanical switches inside the Axe-Fx II but the only moving part is the fan. If your Axe-Fx is out of warranty maybe open the lid to have a look if the fan is running properly - or to discover where else the sound has its source. Be careful when opening the Axe-Fx as the fan is mounted to the lid while its cable is connected to the mainboard. In case your Axe-Fx is still under warranty I would recommend to open a support ticket to get instructions from FAS.

Appreciate the reply!

Back
Top Bottom