Axe FX II maintenance tips for a new Axe user?

drewiawesome14

Purchased an Axe Fx II a few weeks ago and I can say its the best decision I’ve ever made and I absolutely love it more than anything.

I don’t know anything about taking care of it though and wanted to know if there were any tips or anything that I need to know as a new user in order to keep it functioning perfectly for as long as possible.

I use it as an interface and listen to music while working through it since it’s always hooked up to my computer, so that involves me turning it on and shutting it off often and leaving it running for good durations of time. This is actually my biggest concern because I’m nervous that this could possibly cause issues down the road.

What tips could you guys give me to keep the axe running and have a very very long life?

I wouldn't worry about it. I have turned mine off and on countless times, taken it across the country in a road rack, and left it on overnight. It's built to last. There are some components that might fail at some point, like the screen or the power supply, but they are easy to replace. You might open it up and take a look inside. Be sure all the ribbon cables are firmly seated, and clean out any dust if it's not already clean inside.

I wouldn't worry about it. I have turned mine off and on countless times, taken it across the country in a road rack, and left it on overnight. It's built to last. There are some components that might fail at some point, like the screen or the power supply, but they are easy to replace. You might open it up and take a look inside. Be sure all the ribbon cables are firmly seated, and clean out any dust if it's not already clean inside.
Awesome thanks man! Good to hear it’s reliable!

I don't think I've ever given a thought to scratches on any of my rack gear. I just use it, and don't worry about scratches. It usually gets installed in a rack one time, and that's where it stays. Nothing else in the rack gets moved in or out.

Back
Top Bottom