Axe FX II Live Rigs

I use output 1 to FOH and output 2 to my Behringer b212d for own monitoring. I'm also planning to replace Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro with MFC for better accessability to presets and scenes.

I have my fractal with a rocktron velocity 300 and a cabinet (1x16 eminence).
I use it without the simulation cab and the power amp simulation.
It sounds great live, but to do this you have to create specific live presets.
You can try the power amp sim. Is another posibility.
My rocktron not work the channel 2, that's why I can not use it in stereo (i must repair it ja!)
The ideal would be to use the rocktron in stereo with another cabinet and would sound spectacular!
You must exhaust all the possibilities that the fx ax gives you to get your maximum sound.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 20170114_140721.jpg
    20170114_140721.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 70
Axe FX II with MFC-101 into Mission Engineering Gemini II. I like my FRFR cab to look like a piece of backline gear, not a monitor. And, it sounds just great to my ear.

I am curious to see what other members are using for live rigs and especially those who have tried both Full Range speakers and guitar speakers (celestions etc) and what types of power amps work best.

I got my Axe FX II a few weeks ago and have played a few gigs out already. My set up is the Axe-FX II into a Rocktron Velocity 300 into a 4x12 cab with celestion V30s. Compared to what I was used to (Cornford MK-50 head) the sound is bright, hot and a bit brittle/fizzy on all patches I've made so far. I have been dilligently reading this forum and the wiki and I am still going to give a shot at reprogramming the presets I have but I am wondering if I am barking up the wrong tree and should be using FR speaks.

The Velocity 300 is a SS power amp but it is supossed to have some of the color of a tube power amp so I am not sure if it's great either for the Axe FX.

Opinions are appreciated.
Also using this setup except I ust 85 watt celestions. I bought the matrix power amp, and ended up switching back to the Velocity 300 as I felt the matrix was missing a little something on the heavy tones. Joe

Axe2 out1=>FOH , Out2=>2x QscK12.
+FCB1010(Uno) with M-Audio Midair WirelessMidi
One Qsc just in front of FCB1010, and one behind me, and around 1m behind drummer and usually 1-3m on his side , and pointing towards the stage center

Axe2 out1=>FOH , Out2=>2x QscK12.
+FCB1010(Uno) with M-Audio Midair WirelessMidi
One Qsc just in front of FCB1010, and one behind me, and around 1m behind drummer and usually 1-3m on his side , and pointing towards the stage center
How do you like the FCB1010(Uno). Plan on purchasing an Axe FX today and wanted to buy a cheaper midi controlller than the MFC at least for now.

FCB1010 is fine. It has ten buttons, plus Bank up and down, and two pedals. I ran one for years, and only upgraded to an MFC101 because I needed more buttons.

6c648351-2c12-4e13-9482-4aff0e125c94

axe fx splittet into foh and inear thats all ;)

+1

See attached image...

Shure wireless
Furman Power Supply
Axe FX
Matrix 1000 power amp
Marshall 1960B 4x12 (Sometimes run two of these!)

Attachments

• Mike_Rig.jpg
    Mike_Rig.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 40
It just occurred to me that while the Axe produces great sound it does produce boring looking rigs. ;)
Haha. Especially if you use in ears.
I liked the old pictures of my band. Gigged with a big ole ‘65 bassman w/ marching 2x12 cab. Looked great. But didn’t sound as good or cover as much territory as the axe 2

How do you like the FCB1010(Uno). Plan on purchasing an Axe FX today and wanted to buy a cheaper midi controlller than the MFC at least for now.
If u don't want to spend 2 much, then FCB its the way 2 go, but u must update the eprom with one of the choices out there Uno or Eureka, otherwise you gonna "feel a lot of pain" trying 2 program it. It has 2 xpresion pedals which I dig, so in one pedal board you have everything u need at a very reasonable price. I want as less cables and connections possible live. I just want to lay my gear, power it up and play(like I said I have a midi wireless 2 connect it 2 my axe)

Back
Top Bottom