Axe FX II + Kemper together (Kemper in the Axe FX II FXLOOP), the ULTIMATE TONE R

I've been tempted more than once to buy into the Kemper thing just to see if I could get some use out of it, but I'm not sure what I'd do with it. It's basically a "sonic Xerox machine", and I don't have anything laying around that I need to copy. To me, it seems I can get the original out of the Axe, so what do I need copies for? And it's not like there are any effects missing or misrepresented in the Axe, so what would I gain?

The one thing I could see the Kemper being good for is copying oddballs. For instance, I used to own a JCM900 that sounded really sweet. I got it used, and somebody along the line had modified it and did a good job. A dead-nuts copy of a JCM900 wouldn't do, and I don't want one. I want the one I had. Also, I used to modify old Fenders to good effect. Some of those might be fun to have now. It'd be easier to get that with a copier, rather than try to tweak the thing into existence on Axe, assuming I could get there.

I know the Axe does "Tone Matching", so perhaps I'm considering something I already have. I've not used that feature yet so I don't know.

The same topic as in kemper forum...
I tottaly agree with luke.

"bedroom guys..."....
What realy matters is gigging... live, not those bedroom fan guys...

Hey no need to get nasty, I would dare say Cliff sells more to BEDROOM GUYS then Gigging guys, we can all get along, plus lets face it where does the tone need to be more exacting bedroom/studio or GIGGING.

I would dare say Cliff sells more to BEDROOM GUYS then Gigging guys, we can all get along, plus lets face it where does the tone need to be more exacting bedroom/studio or GIGGING.

That's probably true. I know it is for me and several other players I know.

The reality is that the vast majority of the audience doesn't know any better. Guitarists are their own worst enemies when it comes to tonal characteristics. In public, if you can stay in key and on time, you've won most of the battle.

But, I know myself, when I'm trying to pull something off on my own, it's gotta be right. I don't give a damn about anybody else. I'm sure that translates well in real life, but oddly enough, it doesn't matter. Hit the right notes at the right time, pray the singer doesn't forget his lines, and you're golden. Ever been to a wedding with a live band ? They're generally pitiful, but everybody's happy, Happy, HAPPY!

Of course, they're also usually drunk, but we'll ignore that for the moment <grin>

Axe FX II + Kemper together (Kemper in the Axe FX II FXLOOP), the ULTIMATE TO...

I've been tempted more than once to buy into the Kemper thing just to see if I could get some use out of it, but I'm not sure what I'd do with it. It's basically a "sonic Xerox machine", and I don't have anything laying around that I need to copy. To me, it seems I can get the original out of the Axe, so what do I need copies for? And it's not like there are any effects missing or misrepresented in the Axe, so what would I gain?

The one thing I could see the Kemper being good for is copying oddballs. For instance, I used to own a JCM900 that sounded really sweet. I got it used, and somebody along the line had modified it and did a good job. A dead-nuts copy of a JCM900 wouldn't do, and I don't want one. I want the one I had. Also, I used to modify old Fenders to good effect. Some of those might be fun to have

I know the Axe does "Tone Matching", so perhaps I'm considering something I already have. I've not used that feature yet so I don't know.

AFAIK Axe tone matching is a sophisticated filter used instead of or after a cab IR. So it's not doing anything to the amp model.
And when I tried it, I didn't get good results. Quite possibly my error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you should cut the blue cable...

goldfinger+atomic+bomb.jpg

...no, wait. Try the red. :nightmare:

Back
Top Bottom