Axe-Fx II is hundreds of dollars cheaper than my Axe-Fx II. :)

romanianreaper

Power User
Just wanted to put this out before anyone complains about the anticipated price. Now granted, I paid a lot more because I wanted the Axe-Fx II right away and couldn't wait but still just want to give people perspective.

Yep, I remember the sticker shock a couple of years ago when I was considering the II XL+. I was actually shocked to see how low the price is on the Axe Fx III. Much respect for a company that doesn't gouge and take advantage of the excitement of a product's release. I already admired FAS for reducing the prices on the FX8 and AX8 when they became less expensive to manufacture.

My invoice from 9/2011: Axe FX II MKI - Waiting List Customers = $2,200 before shipping.
Sold for $1500 12/2017

My invoice from 12/2017: Axe FX II XL+ = $1,799.99 before shipping.
Regular Price was $2150

**Edited** When I looked at the invoice I didn't notice and had forgotten about the $800 discount for Waiting List Customers. So I corrected the amount above. The $2999 price was never an official price, but if you just had to have it and wanted to cut in line you could have paid that amount if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Paid 2304€ exactly, on the 5th of January 2012. (EU got very few units at start, I hope they don't do that again this time) The US$ was much weaker then, at that time I bought quite a few used guitars from the US, it was worth it even with VAT on top.

Back
Top Bottom