Axe FX II Iron Maiden Harmonizer help?

Dimebucker

Experienced
Hey

I Want know if someone ,have figured out iron maiden harmony whit axe fx II. And what is those settings ,and what block I must use? And where in guitar ,chain that block must be? And would be nice too if ,that harmonizer will be stereo panning like right is my playing and left is that second guitar whit harmonizer on? And im standard EADGBE tuning.

Last edited:
use pitch block, intelligent harmonizer. Iron maiden is usually Eminor stuff, so set the scale to that.
what voice depends on song I guess, +3 +5 -6.... depends on if you play lower or higher part (adrian or Dave)

I have my pitch block after cab

put a volume block in the layout - in line and in parallel with the pitch block. make sure the mute mode is set to "thru". use the pan in the volume block to push the dry signal to one side and use the pan in the pitch block to push the harmony to the other. engage the volume block when you engage the pitch block

Hey

That harmony note sound very weak. I think I need some video ,or some preset where is some harmonizer block. Where I can see ,how that preset have be done.

I could dial it up pretty quick. Essentially, my rule of thumb is to put pitch block after everything but before reverb and delay. I try and always pitch down instead of up. So for maiden somewhere in time or metallica creeping death I'd pitch down -5 (if i remember correctly). Its just that pitching up generally can have some more noticable artifacts like mickey mousing, for my ears anyway. Adjust your pitch mix level and balance to get the correct sound.

IF the pitch block is in parallel, put the mix at 100%. I'll do you a patch if I get time tomorrow

It would be great if someone more knowledgable than I could do a parallel vs. series tutorial or FAQ on effects placement and mixing. I should play more with the routing possibilities

Hey thanks If ,you can do some test patch where I can see that stereo pan and correct working harmonizer. I don't know that parallel and serial chain system too.

Hey can you do too some presets ,whit iron maiden stereo harmony? More is better to see how you users ,have that harmonizer and how its works.

Hey

Thanks a lot I will test that preset tonight. I don't understand that scene system ,but point is if I can copy those harmonizer settings.

i made one too - Axe-Change - Download Preset - Iron Maiden (Sim) - by simeon

three scenes in mine. no custom scales (but you will need them to play certain songs, so learn how to program them)

mine's quite a complex patch, but hopefully you'll be able to learn something from it

i haven't tried to nail the amp tone. i guess you have a good setting for that already

Awesome! Stryper does alot of harmony guitars in their songs and always wanted to try out some of their parts.

-PJ

Back
Top Bottom