Axe-Fx II into a regular guitar cab

BPW

I am running my axe fx ii into a regular guitar cab. I turned off the global cab in the unit. I am using a solid state power amp. All of the presets with distortion do not sound good. I hear people on youtube using cabs and it sounds awesome. I am a beginner ....I must be missing something. Thoughts

Do u have power amp modeling enabled?Have u tried to run the cab sim on to see how that sounds?

Reactions: BPW
I tried it with both the power modeling enabled and turned off. Cab sim off sounded the best. I just may need to do a lot of tweaking but I thought the presets would be better. Shouldn't most the presets sound good even with an external cab.

The factory presets are made to sound good with FRFR systems. If you are using anything else, you can make it sound good, but need to adjust settings. Look at some of Leon Todd's videos.

Reactions: BPW
I use FRFR so I play through a Yamaha DBR10 monitor and go straight to FOH as well. But I come from a small 1x10 combo. Players who are used to 4x12 setups usually use a matrix power amp through some kind of guitar type cabinet for the backline. Just search the forum for matrix and you will find a ton of people who play through this setup.

I tried it with both the power modeling enabled and turned off. Cab sim off sounded the best. I just may need to do a lot of tweaking but I thought the presets would be better. Shouldn't most the presets sound good even with an external cab.

Global > Cab Modeling should be turned off.
Global > Power Amp Modeling should be turned ON.

I have the Matrix GT1000 power amp, and when I plug in I only hear 2 of my Mesa cab 4x12 speakers. I used their YouTube tutorial on how to plug it in to the AxeFx2, and yet I must be missing some crucial step.

Can someone please walk me thru it, I admit I'm not the smartest with this stuff hah. Thanks in advance.

I have the Matrix GT1000 power amp, and when I plug in I only hear 2 of my Mesa cab 4x12 speakers. I used their YouTube tutorial on how to plug it in to the AxeFx2, and yet I must be missing some crucial step.

Can someone please walk me thru it, I admit I'm not the smartest with this stuff hah. Thanks in advance.
How about starting your own thread?

Connect Mesa cab stereo

Attachments

• 68ABBF06-06C2-433D-8B81-6BCE06229425.jpeg
    68ABBF06-06C2-433D-8B81-6BCE06229425.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 19
When you say "do not sound good", what do you mean? It could be a lot of things depending on what you're hearing versus what you expect to hear. Can you post some videos w/sound?

Back
Top Bottom