Axe-Fx II in Action: Yes - Live at the Apollo

I was enjoying this one as it popped up on AXS TV last weekend. I noticed the fake crowd too - ugh. But Trevor was killing it on "Lift Me Up".

Definitely my major band and biggest musical influence.

1977 on a high school field trip the bus driver took us through Las Vegas. Yes was playing at the Aladdin and my buddy and I bailed out the back door and made a run for it. We actually got in and saw the show from the front row. I could almost touch Wakeman’s cape!

2 15 year old boys had to hitch hike 500 miles home and damn near got expelled from high school.

Going for the One is still my favorite Yes album. I played Parallels and Heart of the Sunrise for my senior recital at Berklee.

Anyone expecting to hear Donna Lee or Giant Steps was extremely disappointed

Definitely my major band and biggest musical influence.

1977 on a high school field trip the bus driver took us through Las Vegas. Yes was playing at the Aladdin and my buddy and I bailed out the back door and made a run for it. We actually got in and saw the show from the front row. I could almost touch Wakeman’s cape!

2 15 year old boys had to hitch hike 500 miles home and damn near got expelled from high school.

Going for the One is still my favorite Yes album. I played Parallels and Heart of the Sunrise for my senior recital at Berklee.

Anyone expecting to hear Donna Lee or Giant Steps was extremely disappointed

That is one helluva story. I thought I was a Yes fan, but it that was commitment!

Very cool! I've been a YES fan since the very early 70s and have seen them live many times, but never w/Rabin.

I'm also a big fan of King Crimson. Check out the FAS and Kemper devices onstage with them in this video:

If I'm not mistaken at 2:10 you see Fripp using 2 Axe/Fx II units and Michael "Jakko" Jakszyk using a Kemper. I think Tony Levin also has a Kemper in his gear.

Back
Top Bottom