Axe-Fx II HELP

Zee

I bought an Axe-Fx II bend new from the factory about three years ago. I played it for awhile but damged my hand and had to put the guitar away for awhile. Now I'm back ... and although i like what i have, i would like to update it (firmware) and not purchase the FX--III. But i don't know where to begin or what to do. Everything in it is factory original presets, formware, etc. Sorry for being such a numbskull, but if you can help me I would be most appreciative. Thanks.

I bought an Axe-Fx II bend new from the factory about three years ago. I played it for awhile but damged my hand and had to put the guitar away for awhile. Now I'm back ... and although i like what i have, i would like to update it (firmware) and not purchase the FX--III. But i don't know where to begin or what to do. Everything in it is factory original presets, formware, etc. Sorry for being such a numbskull, but if you can help me I would be most appreciative. Thanks.

Thanks for the help ... but i think i totally screwed up the whole thing including the original fractal patches. I downloaded the Bot and followed the directions. Made sure the drivers were loaded. Downloaded something that popped up called Ares. Then the screen shows No INPUT CLOCK. Listen via headphone and all the patches have a echo to them. I really have no idea what I am doing and now i fear the worst. Any help?

Thanks for the help ... but i think i totally screwed up the whole thing including the original fractal patches. I downloaded the Bot and followed the directions. Made sure the drivers were loaded. Downloaded something that popped up called Ares. Then the screen shows No INPUT CLOCK. Listen via headphone and all the patches have a echo to them. I really have no idea what I am doing and now i fear the worst. Any help?
Press Utility. Page to Reset system parameters, press enter.

That NO INPUT CLOCK error I think it's related to digital I/O.

Are you connected to anything else? An audio interface of some sort?

If you connect only the guitar and headphones (to the Axe Fx headphone jack) and nothing else, are you still hearing that?

EDIT:

Check this: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/no-input-clock.128949/post-1530526
Or maybe this (same solution but might explain why):

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-ii-firmware-18-01-released.97369/post-1168570

What firmware were you on before you upgraded?

The solution to the aforementioned problems that were posted here: ... after multiple e-mails back and forth with Fractal Support it was suggested and we concluded that I re-write all the presets by removing or reducing the effects that contibruted to the unusable patches. It's going to take some time but there was no other solution. Fractal Support is going to report the problem to the tech guys for future reference. In the process, I learned the deep workings of the Axe-Fx which was good.

The solution to the aforementioned problems that were posted here: ... after multiple e-mails back and forth with Fractal Support it was suggested and we concluded that I re-write all the presets by removing or reducing the effects that contibruted to the unusable patches. It's going to take some time but there was no other solution. Fractal Support is going to report the problem to the tech guys for future reference. In the process, I learned the deep workings of the Axe-Fx which was good.
Since you only had factory presets that seems like a very odd solution...

Odd, lengthy and frustrating ... but no one could find a solution ... at least the solutions offered did not work. So what am I to do?

Can you make a video demonstrating the problem?

Do you hear the noise when using headphones?

I see you already reset system parameters. Did you also load the latest factory presets and firmware?

How are you connecting the Axe Fx?

Do you hear the noise when using only the guitar, Axe Fx and headphones with nothing else connected?

with almost 8 years of the Axe2, i've never heard of "removing or reducing the effects that contributed to the unusable patches."

could it be that levels of many blocks were just changed so drastically that it was hard to level the presets?

most people adjust the "main" level of the preset with the Amp block, which is why the Amp levels can easily be changed in the VU meter screen.

if you boost some block by 20 dB, it may be difficult to later remember that and try to compensate. stick with the Amp block and you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom