Axe-FX II Glitch - Random X/Y Config screen, audio dropout etc...

Nemacyst

Hi guys,

Having a major issue with my Axe II. Essentially, after a short time of use it will randomly bring up the 'Copy X Paramter to Y?' screen when I'm scrolling through the menus, requiring me to hit exit to return to the screen. Once its happened once it will happen over and over again, eventually I loose control of the output volume of the unit (it sticks on whatever its on) and it will start to randomly change the Amp type and flick through all the settings before completely freezing.

Here's a video of the 'Copy X/Y' screen thing happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsMK5S89XFI

This happened maybe twice in the last year, fixed when I reset it and I couldn't recreate it so it didn't bother me too much. Then over the last month it's just gone mental, doing it loads and continuing as soon as I reset it. I was running some pretty old firmware on it as I've been tied up working on a project for a while so I figured I would fix it by upgrading to the latest firmware. However, no such luck. Today, I have;

-Updated the Axe-FX driver on my Macbook
-Installed latest Axe-Edit
-Used Fractal Bot to update firmware on the Axe II to the latest version
-Installed the 'Clean System' .sysx from the Axe-Edit page

In addition, I should mention this happens regardless of wether USB is connected or not, regardless of wether the MFC is connected or not, regardless of using Axe-Edit or not (yet to have actually run it with Axe-Edit since firmware upgrade) and regardless of CPU usage (in the video there is only an Amp block loaded into a blank preset). It can also happen if I'm playing or if the unit is just left idle.

I really hope there's a clear solution to this problem. As a user who upgraded from an Ultra originally, I absolutely love my axe-fx and have no desire to change to another set-up at all. However, this has absolutely shaken my confidence in the unit altogether - I know I will be paranoid about this happening on the next gig I take it on, even if I can fix it. My own band is about to launch our debut record and I'll be touring in the Autumn/Winter in support of it, and there's absolutely no way I can take a chance on this if I can't get it categorically fixed. I'm absolutely gutted by this situation. Help me Fractal Forum, you're my only hope!

Thanks
-Doug

Back
Top Bottom