Axe-fx II gear cost

dongzo

Experienced
Anybody got an idea how much it would cost to actually buy every amp and every cab included in axe-fx II ???
One thing is for sure...if i had all thoose amps for real my electricity bill would be out of this world ;)

Every time I cringe at how much I've spent on my Axe rig, I think to myself how much more it would cost to buy and flip all those amps it comes with. I paid $2200 for my AFX2, plus $1600 for my two Atomic cabs. Add my Boomerang looper, expression pedals, floor controller and the total comes to over $4000.

I've been playing with the Swart Atomic Space Tone amp lately. That alone is a $2000 amp with nothing else. If I didn't have the AxeFX, I'd likely want the Swart, a vintage Princeton, a vintage Marshall, etc. So, in reality the cost difference is not that bad.

I've always wondered this as well. And you have to probably think about all the different mic's that are in each factory cab, as well as amount of cable you'd need for everything haha.

It would be tough to add up as each amp is going to different with respect to how much someone would have to pay for it in todays market. Used amps, cabs, mic's and effects are going to very so the only way would be to calc with cost new at the time of manufacture.

The other way would be for Cliff to add up what he has spent on the gear that he has used to get the tones for the Axe.

Last edited:
How much does the Axe-FX 2 cost?

That is how much it cost me because I am using the same foot controller, power amp and 2x12 that I had before the Axe-FX 2.

as I keep trying all the different amps, I feel like buying the amps, as, for example, I now know what a Freidman sounds like, and I really wanna buy one, but it can't be any better than what I'm hearing out of the Axe, thereby saving me $$$$$$$!!! In the old days, if someone let me try their amp - A Vox/Friedman/whatever, i'd love it and go buy it! No more! :)

You don't need the most aesthetically pleasing examples for sound, so I'd venture to say $150k could buy everything, a third of that is the Dumble.

I'm talking buying everything used, amps, Lexicons, Eventide etc.

Back
Top Bottom