Axe FX II gain/input question

Dimebucker

Experienced
Hey

I have one preset ,and that preset do not have enough gain/input. I need to know best way ,crank gain/input little bit more. I notice that input trim ,but im not sure what that knob feature is really? And biggest thing is that ,I don't want loose sound quality for that preset. And I notice that overall gain/input know for amp block ,I was raise that and that did not help. That feature was affect too much ,my overall tone somehow. If someone know best way to raise gain/input without loosing tone quality ,please tell that to me?

Last edited:
Hey

I notice that ,but is that best way? Because like I was say ,I don't want loose any eq or sound quality for that preset. And what different that input trim have ,compare to amp block input?

Yes, the amp trim just increases or decreases the volume to the amp block input.

Hey

Do this mean that feature then ,will not affect to my tone at all? And I was found some thread where user was use some boost feature ,is that better than input trim?

Yes, the amp trim just increases or decreases the volume to the amp block input.

Hey

Do this mean that feature then ,will not affect to my tone at all? And I was found some thread where user was use some boost feature ,is that better than input trim?

If You rise the input trim , as JJ said it rise the volume at the amp input ergo "more drive " BUT without tonal coloration...

If You like your overall Eq but You want to rise or lower your Gain without loosing that "Tone " ... Input Trim is your best friend

The word Tone is a bit out of context in this case... Tone is the hole thing ... If you want more signal at the input without loosing your Eq balance is more appropriate ... More volume at the input = different tone BUT using to do that input trim = different Tone with the same Eq balance

Hey

Thanks okey I then will try to use ,that input trim to get little bit more gain.

If You rise the input trim , as JJ said it rise the volume at the amp input ergo "more drive " BUT without tonal coloration...

If You like your overall Eq but You want to rise or lower your Gain without loosing that "Tone " ... Input Trim is your best friend

The word Tone is a bit out of context in this case... Tone is the hole thing ... If you want more signal at the input without loosing your Eq balance is more appropriate ... More volume at the input = different tone BUT using to do that input trim = different Tone with the same Eq balance

Back
Top Bottom