Axe FX II (FW19.00) vs Positive Grid Amp Match

DTS

Experienced

I Amp matched one of my favorite Rhythm preset from my Axe FX II using the Bias Desktop Pro Amp Match function. The Amp sim is the 5153 RED and i used PG Bias 5150 sim of course on the Amp Match. What do you think? Is the Amp Match close?

PS: The tones change on a fly on that sample clip. (Yes, you'll notice it) :)

I'm listening on shitty laptop speakers and I'm not sure which is which, but the first one sounds better to me. (Not that you're asking lol) I'm going to guess that the second one is Bias as it seems to have the slightly odd sound quality that I experienced when I tried it out.

But yes, it's pretty close. The second one sounds a bit more scooped and has a slightly more fizzy sounding high-end, but I'm sure that that could be EQ'd out. In a mix your average person isn't going to know or care about the difference. They're both great. :encouragement:

Reactions: DTS
Yeah exactly!
I have my iPad with me as a jam/training gear always when i'm traveling etc. and with Bias and Bias FX The tones are very good and the rig is lightweight as the iPad Air. Amp Match (on Bias Desktop Pro) is accured enough for me to get in the same ballpark, that i'm in with my Axe FX II. I just upload the amp in the cloud after i've matched it and download it to my iPad Bias and make a preset of it using Bias FX.

Bias (FX) is a great alternative when i can't play with my Axe FX II.

It's close enough for sure........the BIAS stuff is amazing considering the price(I paid$20) & the fact it's on the iPhone/iPad.

Someone could record & play a club with it & the vast majority wouldn't know or care.

Yes, post EQ would do miracles to the tone for sure and make it even more accured. But like said. This is how close i manage to get one of my rhythm tone from afxii using Bias amp match and i really like the results.

It's good to be a gear geek in 2015. :)

It has been said many times before........all this amp modeling technology will eventually end up on our smartphones/iPads, and it will sound better than any modeler/profiler sounds today!

It has been said many times before........all this amp modeling technology will eventually end up on our smartphones/iPads, and it will sound better than any modeler/profiler sounds today!
Go to the video rental shop, watch "2001: A Space Odyssey" movie and get back with some thoughts how it fits to your predictions ;)

Back
Top Bottom