Axe-Fx II FW12: Amp demonstration

Thanks guys! Well yes definitely the IR is so important and it doesn't hurt to be a tight guitar player either... but I think I was playing in a sloppy way in that video. :D

Every patch is: -----------------amp---cab-----------------

My cab settings are high pass at 75hz and low pass 10kHz. I usually have some motor drive in there.. 5 usually.

You can get something a bit similar frequency-wise if you mix the stock cabs #102 and #103.

Vox IRs are from both modern and vintage Marshall packs. Marshall's are mixing Redwirez 1960A G12M with OwnHammer Marshall T75. Mesa clips are OwnHammer Mesa V32.... many different IRs. :)

Thanks, been thinking of getting the OH modern and vintage pack actually. Seems like a good start in the IR jungle

Thanks, been thinking of getting the OH modern and vintage pack actually. Seems like a good start in the IR jungle

It's extremely versatile for sure. You get a huge variety. However if you're looking for something specific like simply a great modern studio tone then you can't go wrong with the Mesa V32. That is literally the best pack out there for me.

All right, why can't I get mine to sound like that. My JCM800 sounds nothing like that.

Well I made this JCM800 Preset that uses stock cabs so everyone can use this one:

And I'll attach the preset in here!

If you can't make it sound the same then you need a better Les Paul but if that doesn't help then it's the fingers. :D

Attachments

• Clark Kent's JCM800 Preset.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 41
i am really a fan of the mark v, dual recto, ac30, 1987 and jcm800 presets. i never had a nice tone from the jcm800 like this.
i would wish a couple of things:
1) an almost completely clean preset
2) the presets and the cab recipes.
these are really some of the best tones i've ever heard from the axe fx 2, very clear and articulate, but in the same time organic and not ear-tiring.
thanks for your work.

dude, i really need your boogie presets, i may even buy them :)
my main problem while working with any any amp with dummy load or amp sim is that i cannot dial the low end. it is either too weak and the overall sound is thin or it has some extreme thump. even with your impulses (working with the gift to the mankind lately), i am having a hard time dialing the low end.
what is your secret, these tones are really very good!

dude, i really need your boogie presets, i may even buy them :)
my main problem while working with any any amp with dummy load or amp sim is that i cannot dial the low end. it is either too weak and the overall sound is thin or it has some extreme thump. even with your impulses (working with the gift to the mankind lately), i am having a hard time dialing the low end.
what is your secret, these tones are really very good!

I don't know if I have a secret. I'm pretty open about this stuff. I'd hate to sound self-righteous and say that it's in the fingers but ofcourse that is one thing. Also depends on the guitar but I think I can make any guitar sound good with the Axe-Fx since the amp EQ takes care of that. Hmm... 5153 Red with stock settings (press bypass twice) and maybe lower the gain to 4. That's what I'm using at the moment and it works nicely with my guitars. I guess if you use too much gain you will run into problems with the low end.

Back
Top Bottom