Axe-Fx II FW v14.01 Released!

Thank you very much. Looking forward to trying this out.

Trouble is, I just updated though and now my axefx II is unresponsive. All the lights are on and the screen is flat/blank green. Help?

I had the same issue. I just recycled the unit a couple of times and it came back.

Okay, this has me freaked out a little. I want to update, but nojyeloot and others are going to need an EPROM to fix their issues.
Not a fix if it bricks your unit.

3 new Amp models? Improved Amp block power amp dynamic impedance modeling? :mrgreen :encouragement: That`s what i call nice minor bug fixes ;) Thank You Sir ;)

I would hold off. I'm probably going to release 14.01 tomorrow.

Don't get too excited. It's just some minor bug fixes.

Axe-Fx II Firmware v14.01 is now available at Fractal Audio Systems - Support

Please note that this is the first firmware version with separate downloads for the Axe-Fx II XL vs. the Axe-Fx II Original/Mark II.
The newest version of Fractal-Bot should be used in either case.

14.01 RELEASE NOTES

• Improved Amp block X/Y switching time for presets with high CPU usage.
  • Improved Amp block power amp dynamic impedance modeling.
  • Fixed unable to set Modifier Min/Max on certain parameters whose values are either Off or On.
  • Fixed IR Capture reporting finished before conversion complete (for CabLab).
  • Fixed I/O->Pedal menu in XL models.
  • Fixed wrong summing junction configuration in Vibrato Lux model.
  • Fixed engaging Fat switch on FAS Bass model causes strange sound. Note that the FAS Bass model has an active tone stack so the Fat switch has no effect by design.
  • Fixed wrong Mid taper in Super Verb model.
  • Changed Band Commander model so that “V1” is installed thereby reducing drive level into phase inverter. The sound of the previous version of the model can be achieved by increasing Master Volume Trim to approximately 2.0.
  • Updated all “Blackface” models (models based on Fender AA763 and AB763 preamps) as these models neglected the fact that there are two capacitors between the final triode stage and the phase inverter. This change is likely inaudible but was done for correctness.
  • Added “Vibrato Verb AA” amp model based on an AA763 Fender VibroVerb.
  • Added “Vibrato Verb AB” amp model based on an AB763 Fender VibroVerb.
  • Added “AC-20 DLX 12AX7” amp model based on the Treble channel of a Morgan AC-20 Deluxe with the EF86/12AX7 switch in the 12AX7 position.

Thank you FAS, I would be always happy to see Cliff work on Amp block improvement issues.

I never heard somebody could improve something that is perfect... That belief is smashed, Cliff just did it!
Thank you!

It's ok shasha, there there there...
grouphug.gif

Yeah, I wasn't going to admit it, but I downloaded the XL update. The AxeFXII will sit there and say "waiting for update" or something like that. Just power it down, download the right file and never admit to being half illiterate.

Are you using a MIDI utility or the BOT? Just curious as the BOT should not allow you to choose the wrong hardware or the wrong file for the appropriate hardware choice. You should get an error message prior to sending.

Had the issue with a lock up too, installed (sounds Fabulous by the way) Imediately noticed improvement! reset a few of my presets and started going through some factory presets, got to around middle of bank c and it froze restarted , froze again, restarted again, blank screen all lights on. restarted while holding recall and it came back up !! re installing factory presets now to see if it makes a difference ? I did update all presets before any of this happened!

might be a bug:

axe edit's CPU usage box freezes after a while and doesnt respond to changes....i open a preset it starts all ok, shows the same cpu usage as axe front panel. after i turn on off a block, axe edit wont show anymore the true CPU usage.
fw 14.01 - axe edit 3.09 (mac OS)

might be a bug:

axe edit's CPU usage box freezes after a while and doesnt respond to changes....i open a preset it starts all ok, shows the same cpu usage as axe front panel. after i turn on off a block, axe edit wont show anymore the true CPU usage.
fw 14.01 - axe edit 3.09 (mac OS)

Not seeing that behavior here and cannot reproduce. Any particular preset?

Okay, this has me freaked out a little. I want to update, but nojyeloot and others are going to need an EPROM to fix their issues.
Not a fix if it bricks your unit.

Holding Recall and rebooting didn't solve it (did it about 15x), but not to worry, I just heard back from support, I ordered a couple of EPROMS and they settled me down a bit haha. Very killer customer service I may say. Even though this happened (scary as it is) I'm 100% confident they'll get me back up quick.

DYING to try that new Morgan and the X|Y amp fix! :encouragement:

Still freezes on preset 288 going upward and 292 going downward re installed presets did a reset, and updated presets again! guess I'll stay away from those presets for now.

Still freezes on preset 288 going upward and 292 going downward re installed presets did a reset, and updated presets again! guess I'll stay away from those presets for now.

I cannot reproduce that either. What system are you on? Also, are you using the front panel or AE?

Are you using a MIDI utility or the BOT? Just curious as the BOT should not allow you to choose the wrong hardware or the wrong file for the appropriate hardware choice. You should get an error message prior to sending.
Bot through USB. Selected AxeFXII and it loaded the XL file and let me hit transfer....apparently it told my AxeFXII to get ready because it was waiting, but nothing happened beyond the error message.

I even did it twice to make sure that I was doing it wrong. ;)

Back
Top Bottom