Axe-Fx II FW v13.07 Released!

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
13.07 is up. Fixes Global Tempo bug.

www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/13.0/axefx2_13p07.zip

This version also encompasses improvements from several internal releases, detailed below.
It is compatible with the current version of Axe-Edit, but an update will be released shortly to include the new parameters.

Added remote monitoring of IR Capture state via MIDI (for CabLab use).

Added “Bright” control to Amp block. This high treble control is a shelving filter between the preamp and power amp and may be used to darken or brighten the output of the preamp. This control also accurately replicates the “Presence” control found in the Mesa Triaxis preamp when set to negative values (the Presence control in the Triaxis is actually a high frequency cut shelving filter). Note: this is not to be confused with the “Bright Switch” which engages/disengages a capacitor across the drive pot.

Fixed LFO2 Parameter List menu values colliding with parameters.

Fixed unit becomes unresponsive when receiving MIDI PC messages along with MIDI clock messages from OS-X.

Fixed LFO-B incorrect in certain waveforms.

Added Quantize parameter to LFOs in Control section. When set to a value other than OFF the selected LFO waveform is quantized into a number of discrete steps, with the number being selected by the Quantize value. This can be used to create interesting rhythmic effects.

Added Model ID query to MIDI Sysex commands so that Axe-Edit can determine which model is connected.

Fixed bug in Rotary block causing phasing artifacts. Also fixed Mix defaulting to 50% (should be 100%).

Fixed exporting cab IR from IR Capture Utility menu results in corrupted data.

Last edited:
So I can see the new Bright control on the axe's front panel but can't see it in Axe Edit after refreshing the Block Definitions twice.

Or am I just blind?

Just upgraded a friends fw from 12.x to 13.06. The new 13.x hires cabs seem to be missing. Do I need to go back and install 13.0, then 13.06?

So I can see the new Bright control on the axe's front panel but can't see it in Axe Edit after refreshing the Block Definitions twice.

Or am I just blind?

I'm sure Axe-Edit will be updated to accommodate the new feature... the old version of AE would not have the new code to support the new AxeFX Firmware feature... AE still seems to work with everything else just fine...

Or am I just blind?
Going with blind :p It was right in the 2nd small block of the original post..

"It is compatible with the current version of Axe-Edit, but an update will be released shortly to include the new parameters."

Back
Top Bottom