Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 8.01a Up

Quick Q.

I uploaded 8.01 the slow way(Syx Librarian...took a long time)
Is it safe to upload 8.01a with Axe-Edit....or should I use the Librarian again?

I have generally always used AxeEdit in the past but with all the current issues, I was curious if it is only causing issues with uploading patches as oppossed to
Firmware updates.

Config is in \Library\Fractal Audio.
Note that in the last OS X versions the Library is hidden.
Hold Ctrl-Alt-Cmd and click Go in the Finder menu at the top of the screen to make it appear

PS I always delete the config folder before installing a new AE version....

Perfect. You da Man Yek.
Thanks

Ok, I think I solved the problem in the 8.01A block. It was something in the reverb block. When I put on the preset and either bypassed the reverb block and then re-engaged it, or changed it from Y to X and then back to Y it caused the preset to become noticeably louder. I redid the same patch from scratch and now that works.

I do test development/automation/QA for a reputable cloud software company for a living, and I must say I am quite impressed with your bug fix turnarounds. That being said, if you're ever looking for some QA/Testing, I would be more than happy to help. I'm sure people offer services like this all the time though.

updated to 8.01a via axe-edit (with sweaty palms and pounding heart and all)
didn't encounter any issues along the way thank God.
with the multiple posts/threads on loading presets via axe-edit, i am staying away from it at the moment.
i have always edited my parameters via the front panel so no biggy not using the axe-edit for this as well.

So I finally get a break long enough between gigs to upgrade to 8.01a, and also the MFC, and the weather is messing up my plans.. :) Very windy here today, don't want to take a chance loosing power in the middle of the upgrade, guess I should invest in one of them uninterruptible power supplies someday..

Thanks again Fractal for the endless FW upgrades, always amazed how much works goes into improving the products.

Updating to 8.01a via Axe Edit as usual.
Took forever-21 minutes.
When I did 8.0 it also took forever, but all is well.

My favorite FW version yet!

Safe to update from 5.0?

It's been a while. Can I update firmware to 8.01a directly from 5.0? I would make a back-up of course, and I guess I should update my Axe EDIT first if using that to install the update? Just busy gigging :)
Alan

It's been a while. Can I update firmware to 8.01a directly from 5.0? I would make a back-up of course, and I guess I should update my Axe EDIT first if using that to install the update? Just busy gigging :)
Alan

Yes... it does not stack on top of each other. It's all inclusive.

Would there be new and different amp-type presets in the downloadable banks of presets as well? I guess I would get these when updating the Axe-EDIT version.

Would there be new and different amp-type presets in the downloadable banks of presets as well? I guess I would get these when updating the Axe-EDIT version.

I think the latest amp presets were made for V. 7.0. You do have to load them separately from Axe-Edit or the firmware, but they are on the Fractal download page. Not sure if there will be new presets for 8.0.

Keep in mind the latest Axe-Edit version available is for 7.0, not 8.01a or even 8.0, so none of the amp models added in that firmware will be available via Axe-Edit. You can only get to them from the Axe-II front panel.

Also keep in mind that Axe-Edit can be buggy at the moment, so other than downloading the update, you are better off using the front panel for editing until things get straightened out, hopefully with the official 8.01 Axe-Edit upgrade when it comes out.

Back
Top Bottom