Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 8.01a Up

Cliff, this is just beyond brilliant.
Love the new page for globals
Love the new feel. I'm now sure whatever happened on 8.0 was either because I was rushing, or expecting another update like 4-5, or something went wrong with the update (the unit did crash on me whilst updating twice).

I can confirm I'm having the weird "switch to Y amp" bug.

I'm a bit confused with all the options on presence.
Which one is the original "modelled as the amp is" one?

Thanks so much for the kindness of enabling the V7/8 amp modelling switch, absolutely genious end generous. Tried out V8 yesterday evening, but not on same amp as usual, and was hesitating a bit to return to 7 as - at least in my head - the change is not that minor on my favourite Deluxe patch. Got a slight impression that things were more "fluid" on V7, but I'm afraid this is just happening in my head. I'm quite sure this feature will melt my potentialy "imaginary" headache in no time & look forward to testing it tonight at home !

In order to activate such a "return to Zenda" in the amp block, must one reset the amp block or will this inverter change be activated right away ?

Cheers !

was surprised that there's already an 8.01 so soon after the 8.00.
don't these guys ever rest?
nevertheless, going through the fixes list and reading the problems some are facing, i'm not jumping into it yet as i am more than happy with 8.00
for those facing problems, i would simply roll back to 8.00 and sit tight.
i'm quite sure resolution is just around the corner..

I'm a bit confused with all the options on presence.
Which one is the original "modelled as the amp is" one?

Default FW8 is "original". Active is like FW7 (ideal)

I love FW8. Just the little extra (again) IMHO. I run a lot of master settings really up there.

With the option of rolling between 7 and 8, people should be happy either way now.

Last edited:
I am getting an Error 404, when trying to download the 8.01 zip file. Does anybody else have this issue?

Was about to load 8.0 when I saw there was another update to 8.01. I tried to download but got a "page not found" milk carton.
I reckon (I'm in North Cakalaki so this is how we're 'posed to speak) I'll load 8.0 in the mean time.

Kudos to Cliff et al. at FAS for all your hard work and dedication! 100 amps!!! Whoo hoo!!!

My guess is they may be working on bug fixes and don't want 8.01 downloaded in the meantime.

Ok ... I had not even have the time to install 8.0 ... I will wait for the "new" 8.01 ! And drink some milk in the meantime :)

Is in mandatory to have 8 onboard first before loading to 8.01 from v.7 ??

In simpler words, can you go to 8.01 direct from 7 or do you have to bounce to v.8.0 THEN go to v.8.01 ??

In simpler words, can you go to 8.01 direct from 7 or do you have to bounce to v.8.0 THEN go to v.8.01 ??

Its all inclusive, you don't need to run each one as they are not incremental. Just run the latest, which will be 8.02 later today.

you can go to any firmware you want from any firmaware, it does not stack up...

Back
Top Bottom