Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 8.01a Up

I just updated, I probably should post this somewhere else but ive noticed that when im on a patch, press layout, and press edit again on the amp block it switches me to the Y amp block every time. Anyone else getting this?

I just updated, I probably should post this somewhere else but ive noticed that when im on a patch, press layout, and press edit again on the amp block it switches me to the Y amp block every time. Anyone else getting this?

Not here.

Added global Modeling Version parameter which allows one to select between
Version 8 (default) or Version 7 modeling. This parameter is global and is in
the Global menu. Note that the only change between Version 7 and Version 8 is
the phase inverter modeling
and, as such, the difference may be very subtle.

What about the change in the Presence?

Shouldn't it have version 7's passive Presence and not version 8's new "Authentic Presence control modeling"?

Originally Posted by Cron

yes I am! and it switches tabs w/ in the amp block on me too :(

Two week public betas before release typically resolve such things, we always do that in our sw company.

I get that happening on factory presets but not the ones Ive made.

Whoa, thanks for the quick fixes Cliff! I was just digging into V8.00 and the pitch tracking really holds well, even on my 8 string. :D

I noticed the amp-edits go straight to Y on my own patches too. I was able to get rid of the issue by setting it back to X and storing it again. It will then go to the proper X or Y (depending on how I saved it) on the next edit, even after switching patches.

Recorded an entire song today on 8 from start to finish. Wow Cliff, this black box is just full of magic! Thank you for all your hard work!

newbie question on this.. I am still on FW 7... Can i upgrade directly to FW 8.01 or do I need to install 8.00 first before 8.01. can't find FW 8.00 anymore on the website.

disappointing Fractal, :( ... See my post about this.

Sure, a bug or failure is not pleasant. But in cases like those I remind myself:

1. This unit contains and makes available 60 years of musical device history. That is a lot of ground and can't exist without some / more than compensates occasional hickups.

2. Bugs are fixed very soon. Don't panic.

3. Nobody / nothing is without faults / mistakes. What matters is how it's being handled. Treat the other like you would like to be treated yourself for not being perfect.

Mine constantly crashes with 8.01 . please fix this.. the screen goes blank....AMP Y is selected on every preset... disappointing Fractal, :( ... See my post about this.

I've only ever had one bad update experience [back in 6.0]
I don't know if this will work for you, but it did for me..

try this:
- roll the Axe back to 8.0
- re-download 8.01 from FAS
- re-update using the newly downloaded 8.01

basically, roll back and start afresh...

I'm not saying this will solve all your probs..
but it's worth a try yes???

Just finished updating here. (Update took only about 5 minutes as opposed to FW 8.00.)
As far as I can tell now it's working flawless. Thumbs up Fractal !

Sure, a bug or failure is not pleasant. But in cases like those I remind myself:

1. This unit contains and makes available 60 years of musical device history. That is a lot of ground and can't exist without some / more than compensates occasional hickups.

2. Bugs are fixed very soon. Don't panic.

3. Nobody / nothing is without faults / mistakes. What matters is how it's being handled. Treat the other like you would like to be treated yourself for not being perfect.

THIS!

Back
Top Bottom