Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 8.00 Up

This is pretty cool!.... though now that I've converted to using it for gigging, I'm VERY hesitant to upgrade yet...

Any news on new AxeEdit with the new amp models and V8 compatibility? I foolishly used v7 before this was out and it screwed up all my presets.

Live dangerously and just go for it!! :D

Before too many beat me to it, can I ask in what ways the reportedly great optimisations were done...?

To me, they seem too impressive to fall under "regular daily optimisations"? (or was some slack caught up?)

That would leave some of the following suggestions:

- Some quality processing was taken away "because no-one will hear it anyway"...?
Normally not Cliff's philosophy, but if no-one will hear it, "ok" I guess... Still: I wouldn't like to hear this! :D :mrgreen
- Parts coded w. assembler? (I'd love to hear this ;))
- Some kind of big behind the scenes structural change?
- Multiple code rewrite epiphanies?
- FAS TachyonTech...? 8)

Zero tweaking for me from V7 to V8. Just reset the amps and 'ahh'. Nothing to do tweakwise = happy camper here.

Love the Supro and especially the Atomica High and TweedDeluxe. New 'go-to' Fender tone for me. Suhr sounds good too. ;)

Axe-Edit isn't up to speed (and if you can't understand why... well, it is getting worked on hard; the firmware development is a totally separate enterprise and is a moving target. All indications point to the editor being worth the wait); but Axe-Exchange is up to date and ready for v8.

best product i've ever owned. best guitar-related device i've ever had. maybe the most productive and fun music-making tool i've ever had. best company devotion i've ever experienced. best i've ever sounded/played.

i could have written all of this when i first got my ultra, but now.... stunning!

thank you so much,

adam

Thanks for another excellent update! Cliff & the Fractal Team are always on the cutting edge of great tones!

Why do some amps turn the presence control into HI CUT?

It happens with the suhr badger 18 and the division 13cj. I havent tried them all

maybe there is something wrong with me but this firmware makes me feel that my strings are looser? I like it though :)

Why do some amps turn the presence control into HI CUT?

It happens with the suhr badger 18 and the division 13cj. I havent tried them all

Because in amps without a Global Negative Feedback circuit, there is no "presence"....those amps (Like vox) have a circuit that bleeds specific frequencies across the reversed phase output of the power tubes which acts to "CUT" highs because the frequencies cancel out. hence the "hi cut"

Last edited:
doesn't resetting an amp set all of it's values back to "default"
or is it just the advanced parameters that get set back? I
have a few patches where I have done a bit of work on the EQ tab(sliders)
and on the speaker tab will I lose all those if I reset the amp?
I'm guessing yes?

Zero tweaking for me from V7 to V8. Just reset the amps and 'ahh'. Nothing to do tweakwise = happy camper here.

Love the Supro and especially the Atomica High and TweedDeluxe. New 'go-to' Fender tone for me. Suhr sounds good too. ;)

Axe-Edit isn't up to speed (and if you can't understand why... well, it is getting worked on hard; the firmware development is a totally separate enterprise and is a moving target. All indications point to the editor being worth the wait); but Axe-Exchange is up to date and ready for v8.

I didn't reset my amps, no need here.

Before too many beat me to it, can I ask in what ways the reportedly great optimisations were done...?

To me, they seem too impressive to fall under "regular daily optimisations"? (or was some slack caught up?)

That would leave some of the following suggestions:

- Some quality processing was taken away "because no-one will hear it anyway"...?
Normally not Cliff's philosophy, but if no-one will hear it, "ok" I guess... Still: I wouldn't like to hear this! :D :mrgreen
- Parts coded w. assembler? (I'd love to hear this ;))
- Some kind of big behind the scenes structural change?
- Multiple code rewrite epiphanies?
- FAS TachyonTech...? 8)

Do you mean specifically CPU optimizations? I'm curious too.

Also curious what 'jucier tone' means. Hope it doesn't make me wet myself!

Because in amps without a Global Negative Feedback circuit, there is no "presence"....those amps (Like vox) have a circuit that bleeds specific frequencies across the reversed phase output of the power tubes which acts to "CUT" highs because the frequencies cancel out. hence the "hi cut"

Right. In addition, some of the amps, like the banger, do not have a presence or hi cut. In that case, leave the hi cut at minimum but it is there if things are too bright.

Ok , some reset amps some don't. Do I miss anything by not resetting. I hate to lose my advance parameter tweaks.

I reset all my amp blocks, only to find they were all a lot worse. So I restored the un-reset ones. All is well again.

Back
Top Bottom