Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 8.00 Up

Thanks Fas, You Rock. I'm playing the updated Suhr Badger right now, and I know i'm making my family a little mad at 5:08am in the morning. I can't wait til they go to wherever they go to, because I'm cranking this sucker when they leave...:D

Well, actually : NO !
For a major firmware release number increment, you need ONE major new feature : what is it for v8 ?

To be clear : I really love the new firmware and admire the work done by Cliff, just talking here, stop considerating people not agreeing with you offend you

Wow dude... you're for real with this?

Not offended. Just responding to you as if a group of us were sitting around a table having some beers. Does it really matter that much? Wouldn't you consider 3 new amp models and pitch tracking that surpases anything else on the market a major upgrade?

If the Axe-FX did not even exist and some guy named Cliff came out with a new modeling device that only offered the 3 new amp models (and the quality they offer) and pitch tracking that surpases anything else on the market this would still be exciting news for the guitar world.

I normally wouldn't respond to comments like this but I just had to jump in and say.... chill and lets have another beer. 8)

The Fender twin reverb. Seems to have a more normal gain structure now.
Thanx

hmm.. now im not ..sure

I like cab 34.

Last edited:
Totally agree!!! This amp truly rocks!!! It sounds just like the real thing according to this video where Mark Day is demoing this beast. Sounds similar to the CCV but with more bites and less harshness. Those 80's shredders wil love this great addition!! Great job on this one and everything else Clliff!!!
OMFG
The new Atomica High

sweeet.. soo sweet!!

Like the Atomica high and low. Straight swop for the cameron lo (if driven) and it rocks.

Needed top do some changes to the prewscence on all my patches - but that was expected, and I lowered the gain on my Badger patch which just got better :)

Wow dude... you're for real with this?

Not offended. Just responding to you as if a group of us were sitting around a table having some beers. Does it really matter that much? Wouldn't you consider 3 new amp models and pitch tracking that surpases anything else on the market a major upgrade?

If the Axe-FX did not even exist and some guy named Cliff came out with a new modeling device that only offered the 3 new amp models (and the quality they offer) and pitch tracking that surpases anything else on the market this would still be exciting news for the guitar world.

I normally wouldn't respond to comments like this but I just had to jump in and say.... chill and lets have another beer. 8)

Well i just didnt understand the jump ;) and i dont like things i dont understand ;)
Now Cliff cleared my mind.
Totally agree with you, let's take another beer !

Anyone knows (or Cliff might want to chime in) what the cameron atomica high and low represents in the amp? is it 2 of the positions of the back gain switch? Or 2 of the positions of the front switch bellow the gain knob?

What about the 4(?) user cab IR spots offset that was said to be the fault of the Axe fw and not AE?
Is that "fixed" or will that be left forever, now that everyone may have adjusted...? (ATM no business to me actually, but just wondering...)

Thanks for the update :)
Thanks to FAS, I've been playing every night since a few days, even after long days at work.

Will try in a couple of hours, looks like a lot of good times ahead..........

"Setting the Pres/Depth Type parameter to Active or Active Pres will override the authentic modeling and implement an ideal presence circuit with fixed center frequency."
This !

Damn -- I've got 2 gigs this week so will have to wait to update until after! The improved pitch detection looks like a great upgrade for simulating a 12-string!

Back
Top Bottom