Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 8.00 Up

Thanks to all @ FAS! :)

You were not exaggerating, tuner and pitch shifting are marvelous! Fixed harmony takes almost everything I throw at it :mrgreen

I'm also happy that my core amp sounds that I just dialed in on v. 7 didn't change noticeably. Resetting the amp type + reworked presence indeed get even more "juice" into my tones.

Ah, life's good with an Axe-Fx II :lol

Well, actually : NO !
For a major firmware release number increment, you need ONE major new feature : what is it for v8 ?

To be clear : I really love the new firmware and admire the work done by Cliff, just talking here, stop considerating people not agreeing with you offend you

Well, actually : NO ! For a major firmware release number increment, you need ONE major new feature : what is it for v8 ?

To be clear : I really love the new firmware and admire the work done by Cliff, just talking here, stop considerating people not agreeing with you offend you

This is an argument not worth getting into, you have the best modeller on the face of the planet with some or the hardest working people out there trying to make it better and instead of playing your guitar you are on the forum whining about whether or not it should be called this or that. Can you not see that comments like these may sound a little ungrateful? Just saying...

Thanks Cliff, looking forward to the end of the work day to test the Cameron Atomica and the new Presence control!

Thanx FAS :)
Now this is very cool list,to put in my axe fx

Keep up the good work!!

Hoping for the Amp/tone match video`s ?? :)

Thanks to Cliff and the FAS team for your tireless work to make the best even better, awesome!8)

- Hans

Any chance drive block bug from 7 noted in bug threads was addressed here? This has been a real problem for me. It isn't just the incorrect sample rate in the drive block. Other parameters are tweaked too. Adam said to be fixed with next FW

Read the release notes. Yes, it was.

Improved phase inverter modeling provides “juicier” tone when PI is driven hard (MSTR set high).
yada yada ...
---------------------------------

After a quick listen an bedroom volume, I can already hear .... THE JUICE IS BACK !!! Thanks so much Cliff!

Also auditioned some pitch effects - wow! And the tuner seems really stable. Now about that 8-ball ... I like it!

This is going to be fun :lol

Well, actually : NO !
For a major firmware release number increment, you need ONE major new feature : what is it for v8 ?

has it really come to this that it needs to be discussed why it's called 8.0 instead of 7something, :) ?

I'd think just the little additions of:
doubled resolution of internal amp matching data
IMART (which is huge for people who use any kind of PitchShifter)
input matching data to amp models
resolution parameter to Tone Matching block

...would be enough to justify a version number increase. and that doesn't even include the new Presence modelling, which takes us another step closer to the original amps, and the improved tuner etc. etc.

the only "problem" I see with that is, that in a year or so we'll be on v.20 and that's something I haven't seen that often :)

Super Trem (Supro 1964T)

It sounds soo good. I use it with cab nr 16.

But,it also sounds good..with MV at 5 (noon) AND at 9.. makes my head spinn :)
What`s the "real" posission ???

I'm a bit confused about the new tone match RESOLUTION option.

What was introduced was the option to use half of the tone match resolution in pre 8.0 versions?

Cliff, is the Presence Frequency parameter essentially an exciter?

Would it be possible to adapt this modeling algorithms and make a multiband exciter block in the future?

Back
Top Bottom