Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 8.00 Up

Sweet, this was way to convient!? Just happen to be up late setting the intonation on a new guitar I built, BAM 8.00 drops!! It sure is making the set-up much smoooother and I thought the last tuner was fine? THANK YOU Cliff!

Cliff -

First off, 5Q+5Q a 10e6 for the new code update. I'm getting ready to load it now (to heck with that 9am meeting!)...

Please, please, please - are you able to give us a ballpark on when we might see a new version of AxeEdit (that doesn't cause the TMA or other issues)? I'd love to edit with my front panel, but I can't because of a hardware issue. I know - I need to send it in for a visit, but I'm so reluctant to give it up, that I am wrestling with the prospect. In the interim, a new - you know what - would be a real... um .. Hendrix-send!

Thanks!

Pete

Thanks Cliff and FAS team.

Playing with just my favorite stock presets for a few minutes.
For lack of a better term-there is more tube "squishy-ness" than ever.
Greater digging in ability.
FEELS like a tube amp even more and it was awesome before.
Scary good.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Any chance drive block bug from 7 noted in bug threads was addressed here? This has been a real problem for me. It isn't just the incorrect sample rate in the drive block. Other parameters are tweaked too. Adam said to be fixed with next FW

Wow v8.0 is a charismatic little chap that im particulary fond of, its poignently hearty with a crisp north side of the hill sway I feel. A delicate bouqeut, yet highly sophisticated, with Imart and new amps, its two thumbs up and a job well done. Thanks Fractal

Love 8, it's a real winner, thought it wouldn't get much better than 7. For me the combination of the new modelling and the more accurate presence makes all the difference. Amps like the JCM800 which I always had problems with the top end on, are all sounding bang on! Best update, ever!Spence

I still can't see what justified the move to 8.0 from 7.0 number.... 7.01 or 7.1 would have been better choice. But maybe a hidden feature ? better future compatibility with future AxeEdit ?

I still can't see what justified the move to 8.0 from 7.0 number.... 7.01 or 7.1 would have been better choice. But maybe a hidden feature ? better future compatibility with future AxeEdit ?

If you don't like it then you could always try this workaround.

1. Rename the zip and firmware file axefx2_7p01 (or whatever you like)
2. Open the release notes and do a find and replace on 8.00 with 7.01
3. Put the Axefx into firmware upload mode
4. Get into AxeEdit and find the v7.01 file you created earlier
5. Upload to the AxeFX
6. Once complete reboot the AxeFX and never again go into the Firmware version menu in the AxeFX or AxeEdit

Seriously though, I believe it's because the firmware changes the sound and feel of the modelling, either way I don't think it needs justifying.

Spence

Back
Top Bottom