Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 7.00 Available

I had some problems installing this.
axe edit .315 or .317 was the same end result:

- when the firmware finished, nothing happened. Unit still on 6.02.
- Resetting system parameters did not help

I had to boot the unit cleaning the buffer (hold recall whilst powering up). I had the axe on one my my presets, created in a mix of axe-edit and axe-fx, with globals on.
Probably the above was the issue. Loading the unit with a clean patch sorted it

Geez-okay, new feature request-since I installed the beta about 5 hours after the GA was posted...how about a version check. 1) As a button you can push and it will tell you (compare the axe you are connected to with an online latest version) and 2) a double check when you do the update-telling you there is a newer version than the one you are trying to apply. I know, very lineSIX of me, but it makes sense to steal the competitive advantages other companies have. To me, about all line6 gets right is that dang monkey thing. Even the name sucks, but it works.

Geez-okay, new feature request-since I installed the beta about 5 hours after the GA was posted...how about a version check. 1) As a button you can push and it will tell you (compare the axe you are connected to with an online latest version) and 2) a double check when you do the update-telling you there is a newer version than the one you are trying to apply. I know, very lineSIX of me, but it makes sense to steal the competitive advantages other companies have. To me, about all line6 gets right is that dang monkey thing. Even the name sucks, but it works.
If it's not on the official website I doubt that it would have helped anyway since it wouldn't have detected the 'latest' version until it's posted to the site. Like a Catch22 situation.

Hi all, I'm trying to download the V7 Presets on my Mac and every time I try and click on 1 of the Links it opens up a new page and I get what looks like the code for the program. This is part of it.

ð�tw���a÷ð�tx@�����5��9�� ��B��a��s��s��g��u��y�� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �����������d����������������������|����������������������z�������������������������������÷ð�tx@�������������j����������������������l����������������������t��������������������

You need to Hold <ctrl> key down and click once, a menu file will open and you can select "download." For other mac user sit may work directly. Not a tech person, it may vary by browser.

Thanks everyone... I figured out how to download the V7 Presets on my MacBook.... They sound incredible ...'m

After playing so much I've torn my fingertips apart, I can still hardly believe the improvement in clarity and string separation in the high gain models or the responsiveness of the cleans.

Axe-FX users are frequently accused of hyperbole but I'm calling this like I see it. 7.0 is an entirely new generation of modeling technology. Cliff you f'n rock!

Ok, I just figured out that there is a new Axe-Edit release from 6th August. Herbie and VH4 are just amazing. ;) With hands down.

@Vhalen50
I've noticed that too. ;) I guess the homepage will be updated soon.

can you make a quick video showing your problem?

would you mind doing a MFC reset when you power up or do you have a ton of settings on it? hold switch 11 when you power up to reset to factory defaults (it doesn't downgrade firmware or anything).[/
QUOTE]

Hi Chrisallen, appreciate your weighing in on this issue......I gave up on it last night, but in response to your question, I did try a full reset on the MFC, (I don't have any of my own settings or presets that I can't live without). And I did verify that the latest version 2.11 did load successfully on the MFC

I've never tried uploading a video, so I may give that a try tonight, but its the strangest thing...I get to preset 128 as I'm going thru listening to them, and when I hit what should be preset 129, it displays for just an instant, then takes me to preset 12. All I can access thru the MFC is the A bank. (If I dial up the preset on the front of the axe, it shows up on the MFC just fine) It seems like it should be just a setting that I have incorrect

The new version of Axe Edit was also giving me problems, but I'll deal with that one after I get this one resolved.

Lets start over cause now I am a litle confused. Cliff didn't link anything for the MFC. His links were for the II firmware upgrade and the preset banks
. PM me your number if a call might help out. It would certainly be quicker! :)

Are you saying its just the MFC that goes to from 128 to 12 or that the II changes to 12 also?

I mis-spoke Cobbler, my bad...too many recent downloads... I loaded V 2.11 on the MFC from the website. Also loaded the latest version of Axe Edit, but am having issues.

The problem only exists if I am using the MFC. If I am on preset 128 and I step on the next button, preset 129 displays for just an instant...just a fraction of a second...then it takes me to preset 12. But if I dial up 129 on the front of the Axe, 129 loads up and displays on the MFC with no problem. Seems like an MFC setting is off

Will PM you later (this noob needs to learn how to do it):lol

Will PM you later (this noob needs to learn how to do it):lol

Just click on my name and then click on private message in the pop up. We can step through your settings if you want. Let me know. I am around all day as I took it off to play with the new gifts!

Wow...thanks Cliff and crew! I just updated and will be in the woodshed all weekend!

Amazing update! Thanks for all the hard work Cliff and FAS team.

Really diggin' the Brit Super, Diezel, Splawn, and Badger (with either a Love Pedal or the Zendrive in font) models. Simply astonishing!

I love my Ultra, but man, that Axe II is way out there...

Okay. So I just Updated. All my presets generally sound pretty bad now. The cleans are sort of okay, but any crunch/lead presets sound like plasticy 1st gen POD presets. Yuk!
So, what's causing that? Must be the amp block, so what do I need to adjust to get rid of the nasal Line 6'ness ? The new factory presets sound kind of OK.

Back
Top Bottom