Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 7.00 Available

Are some models supposed to default with the bright switch on? I resetted brit 800 on my main clean patch and it turned the bright switch on.

My brain is spilling over reading the release notes. At least half is either over my head or doesn't hit my radar. Having said that, I'm very excited by the list of new amps and pedals. There are some cool choices there. I'm looking forward to audition the new tones.

Thanks cobbler. Yes I'm in preset mode. When I try to go from patch 128 to 129, it takes me back to patch 12. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks cobbler. Yes I'm in preset mode. When I try to go from patch 128 to 129, it takes me back to patch 12. What am I doing wrong?

Not really sure what is goin on with your setup. Make sure your offsets on the II and MFC are the same.

1. I/O > MIDI > display offset - set to 1 (or 0 if that is your preference) (set the MFC 101 equal to this value. ie. EDIT > Setup >page 2x to "AXE-FX Displayofst" = 1 (or 0 if you set the II to that))
2. I/O > MIDI > midi PC offset - leave at 0

Last edited:
1. I/O > MIDI > display offset - set to 1 (or 0 if that is your preference) (set the MFC 101 equal to this value. ie. EDIT > Setup >page 2x to "AXE-FX Displayofst" = 1 (or 0 if you set the II to that))

Thanks again Cobbler, i really respect the advice you give on these forums you clearly know your stuff!

All of those settings are set the way you specified...no difference. Bank A displays just fine. But I can't get to anything above 128 unless I dial it up front the front of the axe. When I hit the button that should be 129, it displays for a nanosecond, then goes to preset 12. I'm open to suggestions. I downloaded the latest V7 (non beta) but it still does it. Any ideas out there or someone with a similar issue?
2. I/O > MIDI > midi PC offset - leave at 0[/QUOTE]

Thanks again Cobbler, i really respect the advice you give on these forums you clearly know your stuff!

All of those settings are set the way you specified...no difference. Bank A displays just fine. But I can't get to anything above 128 unless I dial it up front the front of the axe. When I hit the button that should be 129, it displays for a nanosecond, then goes to preset 12. I'm open to suggestions. I downloaded the latest V7 (non beta) but it still does it. Any ideas out there or someone with a similar issue?
2. I/O > MIDI > midi PC offset - leave at 0

I don't know all that much. Just made all the mistakes myself! :)

I cant replicate your issue. I'll play around with it a little later. Can you skip to say 130 or any other preset in bank b or c? Maybe you have a corrupt preset? You could always re-upgrade the latest MFC firmware as well.

Actually, I upgraded the MFC to the latest software, using the link that Cliff provided on this thread. Perhaps I need to go back to the older MFC version. I can't skips to any higher presets either...once it takes me back to 12, I have to just scroll my way up using the MFC. But, I can only get to 128, no higher. I appreciate your efforts!!

Actually, I upgraded the MFC to the latest software, using the link that Cliff provided on this thread. Perhaps I need to go back to the older MFC version. I can't skips to any higher presets either...once it takes me back to 12, I have to just scroll my way up using the MFC. But, I can only get to 128, no higher. I appreciate your efforts!!

Lets start over cause now I am a litle confused. Cliff didn't link anything for the MFC. His links were for the II firmware upgrade and the preset banks. PM me your number if a call might help out. It would certainly be quicker! :)

Are you saying its just the MFC that goes to from 128 to 12 or that the II changes to 12 also?

Dear Fractal guys,

First off, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I would have to use the word organic when describing this release. It sounds, feels, and records like real amps - no more tweaking in the DAW (well, just a touch here and there - like adding salt 'to taste'). You have made my choice to abandon the Tech 21 PE-60's a done deal. I have been playing through my Event 20/20BAS monitors all evening. They sound like the real deal. I just ordered a pair of the RCF's, and I was hesitant to do so, as I didn't seem to like what I was getting out of my existing FRFR rig. Now I do.

No offense to the Matrix gang, but I almost went the other way, and ordered a 1000 unit to pair with my Marshall 1960a. I still may (foolish for a non-gigger), but I KNOW now that I can get exactly what I need from the flat RCF's.

Did I say Thank YOU yet? Frickin' awesome. And I'm and old fart who used to own a '65 Bassman back when they were new!

Now all I need is the inspiration to match the phenomenal sounds in the unit. If I sound like a 'fanboi', it's because I'm a believer (cue Monkeys tune)!

Nothing but joy!

Pete

can you make a quick video showing your problem?

would you mind doing a MFC reset when you power up or do you have a ton of settings on it? hold switch 11 when you power up to reset to factory defaults (it doesn't downgrade firmware or anything).

Back
Top Bottom