Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 6.02 Up

Nice! I just updated to 6.01 on Friday and now this! Awesome! Thank god my back is finally getting better. Guess its time to update right now!

If this is obvious by the release notes, please forgive me! My Question IS... What can I do if anything is necessary at all, when creating presets in 6.01 to avoid them being radically different when I should choose to try and send firmware 6.02 over.

( Sending the update files has been plagued with "bugginess" due to some unknown reason with my Vista O/S or?; still never successful with Axe Edit. With MIDI OX it sometimes takes multiple tries. I think there's another sysex sending program that worked for me as well as MIDI OX or better, Bornes or something like that - these guys do take a long time for sending with the defaults which I have used).

20 minutes? Mine took about 45 seconds. Latest version of AxeEdit and iMac.

Yeah, totally weird because, I have seen guys post about long load times on occasion...tonight I saw it for the first time. Nothing has changed with my setup ( putters or midi or anything) Oh well, it loaded , and it sounds great.

Am I the only one who does not know what a modifier option is? Somebody explain please. By the way Thank You Cliff!!

Interesting....my updates have always taken me several minutes in Win7/64 via USB, both with MidiOx and AxeEdit.

I used MidiOx with the delays set to 20mS as indicated in the release notes to upload 6.02 tonight and it was ~10 minutes (all other settings on defaults). This is on a fresh install of Win7, drivers, etc. (system drive went down last week and I'm rebuilding on a new one) on an Asus motherboard so I'm curious do you guys who get really fast transfers tweak AxeEdit/MidiOx parameters, and if so what they may be?

I just have never gotten around to playing with settings to increase the transfer rate; I just hit "Send" and come back a few minutes later but am wondering...

Built a preset based on the Maz 38 tonight that's really nice with single coils...thanks for the update FAS.

Last edited:
If this is obvious by the release notes, please forgive me! My Question IS... What can I do if anything is necessary at all, when creating presets in 6.01 to avoid them being radically different when I should choose to try and send firmware 6.02 over.

( Sending the update files has been plagued with "bugginess" due to some unknown reason with my Vista O/S or?; still never successful with Axe Edit. With MIDI OX it sometimes takes multiple tries. I think there's another sysex sending program that worked for me as well as MIDI OX or better, Bornes or something like that - these guys do take a long time for sending with the defaults which I have used).

Nothing is necessary. It sounds the same, they just added the Triode Hardness back in that some requested and added cool options to the modifier curves for control. Everything defaulted to where I was personally. I didn't have to update a thing from 6.01 to 6.02 to sound the same.

My update (and with all the beta versions) took no more than a 1 minute 30 second over USB from my Win7 64bit machine.

Last edited:
I just got my unit on Monday, played it last night and thought it was amazing. Turns out it only has 5.06 loaded on it. Im a weeeeeee bit excited to try 6.02 now. Thanks everyone at fractal for such an amazing product :D

10 minutes with MIDI-OX is about right.

Thanks for the info...I seem to recall reading recommended MIDI Buffer and Delay settings for AxeEdit using USB but didn't find them in release notes or can remember what they may have been; is there a sweet spot for AEdit/USB?

Back
Top Bottom