Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 5.07 Available

little confused here...
update seems to have gone well.. AX FX is reading 5.07 in the utility menu on the unit itself
and showing 5.07 on the Ax edit screen..... so i think I"m good there

but how do i know if I have successfully updated my ABC bank files to the new ones for 5.07
i'm still only seeing 1 set (A,B,C) marked V5..how do i know if it still the 5.04 or the new 5.07

download them from fractals web site then load them to the axe-fx II. Then you know they are updated.

but how do i know if I have successfully updated my ABC bank files to the new ones for 5.07
i'm still only seeing 1 set (A,B,C) marked V5..how do i know if it still the 5.04 or the new 5.07
You can create or rename dummies presets in the Axe 2 for each bank. Then check that they were overwritten by the new banks

i did download them, just not sure i'm getting them into the bank folder file properly to send to AX fX..know what i mean
if i was doing it properly wouldn't there be 2 set of V5 banks showing up ( 1 for the 5.0 + that i had and another for the new 5.07 ?? )

sorry this the first time i've had to update the Banks..

i did download them, just not sure i'm getting them into the bank folder file properly to send to AX fX..know what i mean
if i was doing it properly wouldn't there be 2 set of V5 banks showing up ( 1 for the 5.0 + that i had and another for the new 5.07 ?? )

sorry this the first time i've had to update the Banks..
you can send the banks from any place on your computer into the Axe. just locate them in AE, right click, send.

actually think i got it worked out now... went to the bank file and deleted the V5 banks that where there already (assuming they were the
earlier 5.0 + ones )
.. redid a fresh download and was able to move the new one into the bank file (knew they were the most current one because
when I drag and dropped they the V5 notation appeared again and then sent to AX

I noticed that new Axe-II Factory Presets are now showing for download with a Feb 23, 2012 date and stating, "Current for firmware 5.07+".

But the ZIP file creation date is Jan 26 ....... Are these really new Banks for FW 5.07+???

I noticed that new Axe-II Factory Presets are now showing for download with a Feb 23, 2012 date and stating, "Current for firmware 5.07+".

But the ZIP file creation date is Jan 26 ....... Are these really new Banks for FW 5.07+???

I noticed this as well, but loaded them anyway. Would be nice to know if there truly are any differences.

I finally got around to updating the firmware to 5.07...thanks guys. This sounds sooo much better. I had crackling in my clean/dirty patches which sounded like clipping but that has mostly gone...99.9% gone (being very fussy). Awesome stuff!

If you rearrange the presets and replace some of them with others, how do you upgrade the presets then?
Back when I used my Digitech 2120 > G-Force > G-System, the format was that half of the preset slots were for for user slots. That simplified the situation that you are describing, which I think is valid.
Personally, I am just wiping out, giving up the third bank to be my USER presets. That way the first two factory banks are still in tact.
I think that they are just offering example presets to fill the user slots until you fill them. As a matter of preference, I prefer TC's (and others)
approach to this, where they leave a certain array of slots as solely "User Slots". No co-mingling of presets = a more logical and intuitive update flow.
But, I respect that it is cliff's call and I will just work around it.

Grrrrr all I saw was the most recent topic was "Axe-FX II firmware version..." and I clicked directly. You shall burn for LONG centuries for that. XD

Back
Top Bottom