Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 5.07 Available

When I try to load the IRs that other users have posted as workarounds for the Engl cab I get this error.....

Can someone tell me what :

Midi Protocol Error

wrong asset type for current model config!

means,

Thanks

If you go to the config menu is it set to axefx II

When did you download it? They fixed it this afternoon and did not change the build number. I would download and install again to be sure.
Whoa!! What? This is firmware of Edit? I have to re install the firmware? YOu guys need to make another announcement about this, unless you did and I missed it.

about the dual delay bug : with the latest Axe Edit, can I just sent to the Axe the banks I saved 24 hours ago, just before updating to 5.07 ?

Thanks. It was a little confusing, not reading every word of this thread. I went to page one to download before I realized it's the firmware thread. Hence the WHOA! I thought it was Edit. Thanks for the confirmation.

Is the FAS team working on resolving these issues?
Whats with the "Important - Do Not Recover System Backups saved with Axe-edit AND firmware 5.04" statement? I didn't see anything about this in the release notes.

Is the FAS team working on resolving these issues?
Whats with the "Important - Do Not Recover System Backups saved with Axe-edit AND firmware 5.04" statement? I didn't see anything about this in the release notes.

That is why I posted it.
Which issues are you specifically referring to?
The cabs config issue is because they were trying to load ultra cabs.
The delay R needs to be set manually and saved

Volume block seems like it might need some attention.
Back n sync s not completing is an ssue with axeedit that needs attention.

Of course they will look into issues tat need attention.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what :

Midi Protocol Error

wrong asset type for current model config!

means...
I usually means you're trying to load something for a different version of the Axe-FX than the one you have—for instance, trying to load an Ultra cab into an Axe II.

If you are trying to load the cabs in the link given they are for the ultra, they would need to be converted.

And how does one do that? I am very new here both to the forum and the unit so if there is a thread somewhere on here explaining in detail how to do this a simple redirect is all i need :)

I restored all my presets using dual delays with axe edit, all is good now. I'll gig tonight with a new Ibanez, much better than the one I've been using since I got the Standard in January 2009 (and made all my demo videos with), can't wait !

gotta admit being fairly new to the AX FX world , I am a little anxious about updating to 5.07, i managed 5.04 okay but
seems like a these few hiccups in 5.07 could really screw me up and i could have a hard time fixing them

also should i update to the newer AX EDIT first?

gotta admit being fairly new to the AX FX world , I am a little anxious about updating to 5.07, i managed 5.04 okay but
seems like a these few hiccups in 5.07 could really screw me up and i could have a hard time fixing them

also should i update to the newer AX EDIT first?

Doesn't matter.

I've always used AxeEdit to update the firmware on the AxeFx II. Never had one failure.

But I don't edit presets with an older AxeEdit and I wait a little while after loading the firmware to let any AxeEdit issues get resolved.

Richard

little confused here...
update seems to have gone well.. AX FX is reading 5.07 in the utility menu on the unit itself
and showing 5.07 on the Ax edit screen..... so i think I"m good there

but how do i know if I have successfully updated my ABC bank files to the new ones for 5.07
i'm still only seeing 1 set (A,B,C) marked V5..how do i know if it still the 5.04 or the new 5.07

Back
Top Bottom