Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 5.07 Available

same here

It looks like that is a side effect of correcting the dual delay bug. It was set at a max of 1000 on the right side before, now it has been corrected to 8000. I think this scales what ever setting you had it at out to a higher value.

you are going to have to manually adjust the delay right to your wanted value.

It looks like that is a side effect of correcting the dual delay bug. It was set at a max of 1000 on the right side before, now it has been corrected to 8000. I think this scales what ever setting you had it at out to a higher value.

you are going to have to manually adjust the delay right to your wanted value.

I just found some patches with the dual delay bug in 5.07.

I took a previous preset.
Unlinked all of the global blocks
Sent it to the Axe Fx and the Time R setting became 3996 in the Axe Fx.
I then Refreshed Axe Edit from hardware and Axe Edit reports Time R to be 500ms, not 3996.

So there is a mismatch between the hardware and what Axe Edit is reporting.

When I move the Time R knob in Axe Edit the value on the Axe Fx scales accordingly but it never matches the reported value in Axe Edit.

This looks like a bug because I don't see a way of getting to 500ms in the hardware using Axe Edit without setting the knob to 63.

I just found some patches with the dual delay bug in 5.07.

I took a previous preset.
Unlinked all of the global blocks
Sent it to the Axe Fx and the Time R setting became 3996 in the Axe Fx.
I then Refreshed Axe Edit from hardware and Axe Edit reports Time R to be 500ms, not 3996.

So there is a mismatch between the hardware and what Axe Edit is reporting.

Do you see mismatches in any other effects. I've been getting this a lot (I'm not on 5.07 yet) where values in the axe don't transfer correctly to AE. I am hoping the 5.07 fixes this.

The updated AE release (just now available - 2nd one today) and 5.07 should fix these issues.

The updated AE release (just now available - 2nd one today) and 5.07 should fix these issues.

I'm currently running 5.07 and Axe Edit 1.0.273... that's the same version that is on the site right now for download and that's where I'm seeing the issues.

I'm currently running 5.07 and Axe Edit 1.0.273... that's the same version that is on the site right now for download and that's where I'm seeing the issues.

When did you download it? They fixed it this afternoon and did not change the build number. I would download and install again to be sure.

""Important - Do Not Recover System Backups saved with Axe-edit AND firmware 5.04"" Does affect preset back ups or just system?

Last edited:

Yes this was a strange choice for Fractal to make.

The build number should always be modified after changes are made.

""Important - Do Not Recover System Backups saved with Axe-edit AND firmware 5.04"" Does affect preset back ups or just system?

Where did you see this warning written?

I checked the release notes before my initial install and didn't see this.

Also... I have to ask... Why release 5.07 in advance of an updated Axe Edit if this was the case?

When did you download it? They fixed it this afternoon and did not change the build number. I would download and install again to be sure.

Just DL'd and installed the 'stealth' update of Axe Edit from the site again...

There is still a bug with the Dual Delay here.

My preset is saved with Time L and R set to 500ms...

When I recalled this preset in Axe Edit, the value of Time R was immediately changed to 3996 in Axe Edit and in the Hardware (the Edited LED came on)

So I moved away from this patch and came back using the encoder to verify that my saved settings were still at 500ms (they were).

Recalled the patch again in Axe Edit and now Time L is greyed out... and a Tempo setting of 62/64 has been activated on this parameter where there was none before... On the bright side, Time R was finally displayed correctly...?!?!

Last edited:
Just DL'd and installed the 'stealth' update of Axe Edit from the site again...

There is still a bug with the Dual Delay here.

My preset is saved with Time L and R set to 500ms...

When I recalled this preset in Axe Edit, the value of Time R was immediately changed to 3996 in Axe Edit and in the Hardware (the Edited LED came on)

So I moved away from this patch and came back using the encoder to verify that my saved settings were still at 500ms (the were).

Recalled the patch again in Axe Edit and now Time L is greyed out... and a Tempo setting of 62/64 has been activated on this parameter where there was none before... On the bright side, Time R was finally displayed correctly...?!?!

As was said before, you are going to have to reset and save your right channel with the dual delay.

Right after that was suggested that's exactly what I did.

This is the corrected and re-saved patch that is not showing up correctly...

Can you post the patch, I am not getting that here. I corrected the echos from god preset (same deal as you described) changed it to 500, saved went back and all is correct.

Thanks Sean... I already re-saved the patch, and rebooted my computer (just to be certain) and now the dual delay is correct.

I will be editing all night tonight since I have travel gigs next week and I'm on a deadline. The next time something weird happens I will save the patches and send them to you.

Thanks Sean... I already re-saved the patch, and rebooted my computer (just to be certain) and now the dual delay is correct.

I will be editing all night tonight since I have travel gigs next week and I'm on a deadline. The next time something weird happens I will save the patches and send them to you.

no problem.

When I try to load the IRs that other users have posted as workarounds for the Engl cab I get this error.....

Can someone tell me what :

Midi Protocol Error

wrong asset type for current model config!

means,

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom