Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 5.01 Up

I noticed a few guys saying outputs for USB are switchable, can someone run this down for me?

First, to note, I got my Axe FX 2 and installed 5 straight away.

Are we saying I can route the music that plays from iTunes to Output 2 so I can keep Output 1 free for the balanced outs? I run my nearfield monitors on just jack leads and at the moment have to have all audio from my computer coming out of my HR's and my floor monitor or have to keep unplugging stuff...

Help!

Cheers.

I know I posted a V5 review, but I can't stop myself!

I can't imagine how any guitarist after experiencing what I felt on stage last Saturday night, would ever want a tube amp again. The AxeII as a modeler of tube amps has arrived.

I'm sure that Cliff has plans to take the AxeII where no tube amp can go. I can't wait for what's next!

I don't have to reupdate the banks going from 5.00 -> 5.01, right? :)

This! Not sure if it has been answered. Although preset banks got updated 26-01-2012 and fw 5.1 came 28-01-2012. So i'm guessing I don't need to update the banks.

Also, just receive my Axe II with fw 5.0
Upgrade it to 5.1 and gave me an error in Axe-edit.
Rebooted and everything seems fine in the Axe, and axe-edit also shows me version 5.1. So should I assume everything is fine?

This! Not sure if it has been answered. Although preset banks got updated 26-01-2012 and fw 5.1 came 28-01-2012. So i'm guessing I don't need to update the banks.

Also, just receive my Axe II with fw 5.0
Upgrade it to 5.1 and gave me an error in Axe-edit.
Rebooted and everything seems fine in the Axe, and axe-edit also shows me version 5.1. So should I assume everything is fine?

If you updated the banks with version 5, then you do not have to update the banks again in 5.1. Axe-Edit shows (in your case) firmware version 5.1, but if you really want to be sure; check the firmware version on your Axe-Fx 2 (Utility - page Firmware). Everything is probably OK.

Last edited:
yeah, it shows me the correct version. guess I'll leave it as is unless something weird comes up.

I played an outside event for the Police officers/firemen on sunday for the first responders S.A.F.E.R in Anthem Az. There were two bands playing us and them. they played the bigger set, so I go introduce myself to the other guitar player a real nice guy and we are comparing equipment. He had a Vox path finder and a fender Princeton, he sounded great. I told him that I had an AXE II and he said yeah, I have been trying Modelers for years and I have not been happy with my experience, There's nothing like tubes he says. So I said, hold on before you judge all modelers. So I setup, started playing through my QSC k10 for a bit, and I saw him perc up a little bit, but didn't say anything. So we play our R&B set Hold on I'm coming, Mustang sally, and adel song that I can't remember the name of and put your records on. I'm using a Double verb patch and it's sounding just amazing with ver 5.0. Long story short we complete our short set and he was just floored at the tone coming from the PA. So Cliff I think you have another future customer. I have to say it again, this beautiful black box and this community is just amazing. I don't speak much, but I'm always on.

FAS, thanks a lot for this amazing update. This is a HUGE step, for modelers, as well as mathematicians :lol

I normally don't update as soon as firmware comes out, but I'm glad I did for this one ;) The FEEL of this thing is truly second to none!

Thank you again FAS team from the bottom of my heart ;)

I got my AxeFx2 two days ago, loaded with 5.01 fw and presets.
My Ultra still sounds great of course, but this is something else!

Besides how great it sounds it's so great to feel how integrated and thought out everything feels. I really love all the shortcuts in the UI. Even just plugging in the MFC via a cat5 cable and see it light up without a wall wart in sight, gives me the warm and fuzzies. An awesome product Fractal and I'm so glad I waited.

Oh, and what a nice surprise to see that I was mentioned in the credits (at the bottom)! Thanks!!!

After days playing with 5.01 I still have doubts. I think 4.01 sounded better with high gain models.
Anyone feels the same? Or is it just my imagination?

v4 was a huge increase in the quality of high gain amps in my opinion when compared to v2 and v3! :)

I only spent a very short time with 4 but I think I agree. Although the new features in 5 have really helped at the clean - crunch end. Not got my high gain sounds anywhere close yet.

Back your master back down to 3.00-3.50 to start and turn your amp block output level up to compensate. Your high gain 'sweetness' and impact will come back.

Thanks for the tip I will try it, I thought that the new 5.0 firmware banks would have set the MV level to the supposed great values for this firmware.

Why does this MV thing keeps changing? In one firmware you need to bring it up then down, then up again and finally down again in 5.0 ...
One never knows what to do hehe.

Thanks for the tip I will try it, I thought that the new 5.0 firmware banks would have set the MV level to the supposed great values for this firmware.

Why does this MV thing keeps changing? In one firmware you need to bring it up then down, then up again and finally down again in 5.0 ...
One never knows what to do hehe.

This threw me too. You would think with the master dimed on a non-master model such as the plexi it would sound killer. I find on the plexi I have the master and the gain turned way down and I like the tone way better. Gets rid of the ice picky highs.

You are right, the fact that now the first presets that were all clean, now are all distorted is a good example.

Maybe Cliff needs a couple more beta testers for the presets. I would volunteer happily :)

That's what I mean!!! But I don't understand the harsh critique from Cliff to my post! :(

Cliff is tired of people constantly bitching in the forum hehe
And he is right, there is too much whining in this forum. We are spoiled by the fact that Cliff gives us so much work in the firmware updates :)

And people complain even though they dont spend much time trying to sort things out.

But you can only get's things better, if you tell the facts... you can't get it better with shut your mouth!

Firmware 5 is very good and a big step forward, but not all is perfect!

And I'm not bitching here, I always say what I want to say!!! 8)

Back
Top Bottom