Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 4.01 Up

I realize I'm a guitar player so I'm probably supposed to know this already, but what does Cliff specifically mean when he calls the FAS 6160 "more open" than the regular model?

I just upgraded and all I can say is don't touch a thing. It sounds great. The Fenders and Marshalls are outstanding!

yes I updated all software today (AXe-Edit) too.
I must say so far this thing has been more of a frustration than any fun at all.

If you updated the firmware. Go to the amp block on the axefx (not axedit). They will be the last 2 types. If they are not there then you have not successfully updated the firmware.

You can check the version of the firmware by select the utility menu the page right until you get to the firmware page.

Must say I'm really impressed with the new update. The clean and crunch sounds are very three-dimensional. I played most of the time without any reverb or delay or just very little and when closing my eyes it was like having real amps in the room! Congratulations on the new update.

Wow, interesting. Somebody should make a few 6160/FAS 6160 comparison clips.

I have to wonder what a more expressive, less fizzy 5150 would sound like. Whatever it is though, I'd imagine it's probably pretty good.

It would sound more like a 5153 blue channel
On Steroids

Is it me or has the Plexi Treble model changed to sound less bright (as if it had an overly high value at "depth"), see Preset 008 for example.

I swear it sounds radically different, even after amp reset... -_-

Link is on the first post.

Plexi Treble is radically different. It used to be much louder than the surrounding presets and also much brighter. I think it sits with the surrounding patches much better. I used to cringe when hitting that preset, now it just seems a bit more trebly (sp?). It matches much better volume-wise.

Back
Top Bottom