Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 4.01 Up

For the new outstanding Tape Echo emulation, set the delay to Mono Tape. This exposes the new parameters.
(Stereo Tape is the same as in previous firmware versions.)

The 4.00 Release Notes have been added to the Wiki where applicable.

You can also set the type to anything (like stereo tape), then change the config to tape.

you have to update the banks seperatly

is it just me or did the overall poweramp distortion changed ? e.g. all my presets with clean to crunch breakup used a fairly low gain (like 0.9 to 1.7 on the different amp models) no i can turn gain up to 2.5 to 4 to get the same amount of distortion

The new bank files (A,B,C) are included in zip file with the firmware, but once you unzip on your PC/Mac, you need to upload the firmware and bank files separately.

Just to be clear, it will overwrite any patches you have made if you do this.

you have to update the banks seperatly

is it just me or did the overall poweramp distortion changed ? e.g. all my presets with clean to crunch breakup used a fairly low gain (like 0.9 to 1.7 on the different amp models) no i can turn gain up to 2.5 to 4 to get the same amount of distortion

It is not you. That is what you have to do, but the results are well worth it IMO.

And I will update on Sunday the 1st. Since I will not be adjusting my presets which are all perfectly balanced and ready for the gig Saturday night. NYE isn't really a night to wing it, haha.

This update sounds fantastic though, can't wait to plug in and play with it Sunday and Monday!!

Firmware loaded
Bank A loaded
Bank B loaded
Bank C loaded

Cables touched: 0

Total time: 8 mins
Total errors: 0

Me likey!

Edit and in essence my review of 4.00...

8 mins to update at 7:45 pm :D

Plugin to doodle around with the FACTORY presets (no tweaking at all) with some backing tracks... oh crap... it's time (5:30am) to go to work! :shock

Loving life! Thanks Cliff!

The only thing I don't like about this update is that it came right when I was about to go to sleep. This update was quick and painless (2 or 3 minutes to complete). So far I'm digging the new tones. So with this FW should I set my MV higher on the IIC+ and MKIV amps? I was keeping it around 2 or 3. I jammed and tweaked a bit last night and raised the MV to around 4.5. Does this seem right with the new FW?

I still don't see the new FAS 6160 model even after I updated Axe Edit. Can somebody else look too? I'm really bad at looking fro things. My wife gets mad at me all the time when I can't find something. It's always 'right there'!!!

I still don't see the new FAS 6160 model even after I updated Axe Edit. Can somebody else look too? I'm really bad at looking fro things. My wife gets mad at me all the time when I can't find something. It's always 'right there'!!!

new models are usually at the end of the list... last one.

Since it's my first major update on the II, I remember on the previous gen that there was a button to update the presets.
Do you know if it is still required or it is automatic?
Thanks!!

Ahhh, ok. Thanks for correction Cobbler.

So for me the update for F/W and Banks was smooth as silk all over USB. I guess each update is different for us all....but for me this one shines. All the models are better. Can't say why,especially light break up amps. Best update for me so far.
Thank you Team FAS.

Question, I would think if you loaded the new banks you do not have to reset each of the amps in advance params, correct ? Just patches from a previous version, like 3,04 ?

thanks !

Last edited:
Impressed with the work that the FA-team does for us.. The urge for AxeII is not going away...

Back
Top Bottom