Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 2.00 Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the "Distorted Tuner indicator" ???
I can't provide the "technical" background, but AFAIK it had something to do with code optimization in the Tuner that was causing some units to freeze/hang after a period of time.

UPDATE - dang!! 4 posts in the time it took me to type this! must be getting old :(

Hi,

Also does it with my PC. Freezes up only when USB is plugged in to a computer that is turned on.

I have the same problem. Today we have our "Record Day". My other guitarist was so excited to see the AXE. After a minute or two, the AXE freezes. Power off and on-> few minutes later, the red light on the AXE is jumping arround -> Freeze.

What the Hell is wrong? I remembered that someone had the same problem whent the AXE is connecting with USB. I plug off the USB ant the AXE is running without troubles.

Hi,

I have the same problem. Today we have our "Record Day". My other guitarist was so excited to see the AXE. After a minute or two, the AXE freezes. Power off and on-> few minutes later, the red light on the AXE is jumping arround -> Freeze.

What the Hell is wrong? I remembered that someone had the same problem whent the AXE is connecting with USB. I plug off the USB ant the AXE is running without troubles.

Try the 2.0c firmware.

UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS

Installed the new 2.0 upgrade using the Axe Edit software and the process went very smooth and very quick. Here's a little quick reference for those that may be new to the Axe FX. (If you already know what you're doing, don't read any further. It'll bore you. This is for noobies like me.) :?

1. Download the firmware upgrade file from here: Fractal Audio Systems Support (it's a zip file)

2. Unzip the zip file in a folder of your choice. i.e. 'My Documents>Fractal Axe FX>Firmware Upgrades'

3. Connect your Axe FX II to your computer via USB.

4. Launch the Axe Edit software and and confirm you are connected by looking in the top header bar of Axe Edit and that 'Axe Edit - Status:' shows 'Axe-FX: II' and an ID number. If not, choose 'Settings>Audio/Midi Settings' and from the 'MIDI' tab under the MIDI Input and Output drop-down menus, choose 'AXE-FX II MIDI Out' and 'AXE-FX MIDI In' respectively.

5. Next, back up your Axe FX by choosing 'Settings>Sync and Backup'. Now you're ready to install the firmware upgrade.

6. In Axe Edit, click 'Settings>Update Firmware'.

7. Navigate to the upgrade file in the folder where you unzipped it in step 2 above. Select the file titled 'axefx2_2p00b.syx' and click OK. You will be prompted to prepare the Axe FX for the file transfer. (Read the instructions)

8. From the front panel of the Axe FX II, select the 'Utility' button and use the 'Page' buttons to navigate to the 'Firmware' tab. Press the enter key of the front panel of the Axe FX.

9. Next, in Axe Edit, click 'Send' in the pop up window displayed in step 8 above.

10. Wait until the file transfer is complete. Do not interrupt the process. This should only take a couple minutes or so. Once the transfer is complete, click 'OK' in Axe Edit.

11. From the front panel of the Axe FX, press the 'Utility' button and navigate to the 'Reset' tab. Press 'Enter' to reset the system parameters. This resets certain parameters to factory default so if you made any changes to the I/O menu, such as 'Copy Output 1 to Output 2', you will need to reconfigure those settings.

12. Power off the Axe FX momentarily, and then power up again.

You're ready to rock!
All your presets should remain intact, ready for unrivaled entertainment.

If anyone spots any errors in these instructions, please post and I'll revise promptly.

Thanks,
Joe

Worked perfect! Took all of 5 mins.Thank You!!!!!

I did 2.0c No hitches or problems.

Did anyone notice the Output taper isn't the same? It goes from nothing to a volume jump...not as easy to get bedroom volume as it was in 1.05.

I did 2.0c No hitches or problems.

Did anyone notice the Output taper isn't the same? It goes from nothing to a volume jump...not as easy to get bedroom volume as it was in 1.05.

Yes, same here......very jumpy...seems impossible to get a low volume. It jumps from nothing to, kinda loud.

Yep, I have to say I liked the taper better in 1.05.

Not only that, but turning the output knob makes the "zipper" noises again.

Anyone else notice this?

Last edited:
So I finally got my AXEII to 2.0C and MFC to 1.04
Just loving the presets. Thanks TEAM FAS for the updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom