Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 2.00 Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cameron patch now sounds really boomy and muddy, It sounded great before this update.
I've been using the Cameron quite a bit before the update and I can't say it got a lot boomier. did you reset system parameters and restore factory banks (not before you backup your patches though) ?

The date as mentioned on the Support page is wrong though. It says 2010.

Hi, new user here so apologies if this is a simple dumb task...
I successfully updated firmware to 2.00b using Axe Edit, but how do I update the presets?. I downloaded the 3 .syx files for the 3 banks onto my PC.
thanks

The Cameron patch now sounds really boomy and muddy, It sounded great before this update.
In previous versions, the Cameron High had the saturation switch on on default setting. This is not the case now. So just go on amp parameters and activate the saturation switch and you should be in business again!

Hi, new user here so apologies if this is a simple dumb task...
I successfully updated firmware to 2.00b using Axe Edit, but how do I update the presets?. I downloaded the 3 .syx files for the 3 banks onto my PC.
thanks

I just went thru the same thing :) duh!! right click on bank file in axe-edit after putting the file in the apropriate folder and click .. send to axe-fx :)

The date as mentioned on the Support page is wrong though. It says 2010.

agreed, but they are V2 presets if you download them they do say V2 in the name.

Unless...... Cliff just invented a time machine ....and went back in time to post the presets lat year? ..... yeah I bet that's what happend... sounds more plausible than a typo.

Release notes don't mention anything about loading V2.0 presets. I assume they get loaded when you load the firmware. Is this correct or do you actually have to load the new presets manually? Are the V2.0 presets the same as the V1.05 presets? Never quite sure how presets are handled when new revisions come out.

On the Vox amps, turn the Triode hardness down to about 3.00 or lower and you'll hear it get sparkle, yet keep the rudeness when you hammer it.

Release notes don't mention anything about loading V2.0 presets. I assume they get loaded when you load the firmware. Is this correct or do you actually have to load the new presets manually? Are the V2.0 presets the same as the V1.05 presets? Never quite sure how presets are handled when new revisions come out.

Here's the change - Cliff exposed/opened up some new parameters. Because the original factory presets were created before this was opened/exposed, they may or may not have correct values. The main one to look at/watch/check is the triode hardness. Default is 5; I have found personally that a lower value is more in my own taste. I start about 3.5 for that parameter and (re)work from there. Took me a few minutes to update a few dozen presets I depend on, but the results were well worth it.

I've been using the Cameron quite a bit before the update and I can't say it got a lot boomier. did you reset system parameters and restore factory banks (not before you backup your patches though) ?

I didn't restore factory defaults, I'll try it tonight.

No they do not load when you load the firmware. That would overwrite presets you have made or customized. You need to get them from the Fractal website if you want them. Version 2.0 preset are the same as 1.5 but as Scott said the new parameters may not be the correct values.

I updated my firmware via Axe-Edit and it sounds awesome. However, I did not do a parameter reset? Do I have too? It sounds great and everything seems fine. Thanks!

Sean, Scott ... thanks for the info ... that clears up a fuzzy point for me on presets and firmware ... makes sense that you don't want presets to load automatically with revision updates ...

I didn't restore factory defaults, I'll try it tonight.
like some users reported as well in this thread, after restoring system parameters (also mentioned in the release notes) it sounded fine, so maybe that's what you're experiencing here. just make sure after restoring to go through the system parameters and set them back to where you had them, since they're back to default (like input gain etc.).

Your presets are corrupted. Do the hold recall button thing but don't touch any buttons. Reinstall factory presets.

Did this and Axe is still constantly freezing and requires a reset/recall to come back up and be able to try anything....
Are the older firmware files posted anywhere?

Did this and Axe is still constantly freezing and requires a reset/recall to come back up and be able to try anything....
Are the older firmware files posted anywhere?

Did you email support? Your issue sounds similar but different than mine. They were able to give me a .syx that fixed my issue. Mine ended up being an issue when connected via USB. Have you tried disconnecting the USB cable and seeing if it still freezes?

Did you email support? Your issue sounds similar but different than mine. They were able to give me a .syx that fixed my issue. Mine ended up being an issue when connected via USB. Have you tried disconnecting the USB cable and seeing if it still freezes?

Yes, I did email support but only this morning...you're correct - channels can be switched, etc. when I disconnect the USB so hopefully they can send me a file as well :)

Thanks very much !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom