Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 13.02 Released

I think in this case the complaints were unrealistic. Unrealistic complaints usually draw a lot of attention.

You can spend $100 for the packaged UR libraries now or you can spend a measly $20 for a tool that will allow you to convert the files manually. From what I understand OH is going to release the .wav files needed to do so, free of charge!

Any complaints about that is totally unreasonable and is subject to flames and flogging.

And, despite the fact that I don't share his opinion, I think that's entirely false. Even though I disagree with him, I can totally understand where he's coming from and find his opinion completely valid, given the circumstances.

Blah Blah Blah .... I just purchased the OH Ultra Res Cab Pack. It saved me time and time is money....Thank you Cliff.... Rock It..!!!!

Agreed. I purchased today too. I'm glad I didn't last night otherwise I may not have gone to bed.

Now I get to go use it live! I am stoked!

Aaaand cut!... Alright that's a take, let's move on to the next scene...

FAS, thank you SO damn much for another amazing release of this new firmware!!!

You give so many of us much to look forward to and you never disappoint! FW 13 is incredible and all I ever GAS now is guitars. Thanks again from a VERY satisfied customer,

I was justifying my sole response and not what other forum members may have said in the past.

I stand by my comments. Again any money sent to fractal should be seen as a deserved donation!

Man some musicians can be such whiners.

Last edited:
I was justifying my sole response and not what other form members may have said in the past.

I stand by my comments. Again any money sent to fractal should be seen as a deserved donation!

Man some musicians can be such whiners.

...and douches; don't forget douches.

And, despite the fact that I don't share his opinion, I think that's entirely false. Even though I disagree with him, I can totally understand where he's coming from and find his opinion completely valid, given the circumstances.

It takes a lot of strength and courage to fight the tape and be in an obvious minority of folks complaining (these complaints don't really have any merit, which is why many are jumping to intercede)...the squeaky doesn't always get the oil.

I grabbed the OH producer pack and Cab Lab this morning. Haven't even installed Cab Lab yet, I can't stop playing! :encouragement:

I love the tonal choices the OH pack gives you. I also now understand the 'reason' for the XL model. That model will really be a standalone guitar studio in a box. It's overkill for me and I can live with loading/unloading IR's if needed but since I only use about 10 presets once I have everything all to set and forget, I can just play.

Kudos to both companies. This is by far my all time favorite musical tool that I've ever purchased.

I'm not trying to pile on here...but those of us that bought the OH libraries did so before hi-res was available. Whether it was months or minutes. Cliff developed a new, PROPRIETARY tech that means those have to be converted. I don't see how he should in anyway feel obligated to make that free. God forbid he be allowed to profit from his hard work. It's amazing that with all the FREE that we do we receive, the second Cliff charges for something people act like he's nickel and diming for every last cent. And don't even try with the "with what I paid for the Axe everything should be free" bs....

I'm not trying to pile on here...but those of us that bought the OH libraries did so before hi-res was available. Whether it was months or minutes. Cliff developed a new, PROPRIETARY tech that means those have to be converted. I don't see how he should in anyway feel obligated to make that free. God forbid he be allowed to profit from his hard work. It's amazing that with all the FREE that we do we receive, the second Cliff charges for something people act like he's nickel and diming for every last cent. And don't even try with the "with what I paid for the Axe everything should be free" bs....

Wholeheartedly agree. Not all complaints are meant to be voiced and heard. Legitimate complaints are usually heard and delt with, in my observation.

I hope Cliff gets filthy rich with everything he has done, well deserved IMO. Very nice to see innovation get rewarded!

Wow - just got my power back after a chilly couple of days on generator (can't get that motor sound out of my head).... So, twice the good news! Been itching to play and it was driving me a bit crazy.

Thanks FAS!

I just bought the Ultra Res Ownhammer library and cab lab. :) Great value I think, and I had previously purchased ALL the other Ownhammer library's. The extra $ is worth it to not have to spend the time to convert later.
Question: If I select normal or stereo in the cab block with an ultra res cab will it sound exactly like the non ultra res version of the same cab?

I am also very happy with the free firmware updates and all, but that wasn't my point. I just find it weird that FAS is making a non-compete agreement with Ownhammer, that are "forcing" me to pay 20 bucks for something I don't need, just to be able to update a product that I've bought 24 days ago. Especially when other Ownhammer products will be updated (the V1/V2 libraries). The only reason that the studiomix libraries won't be updated to Ultra-rez is because FAS wanted to make these IR's a part of their own collection, and that is why I think it sucks.

Edit: and it's well and good with the 10 free IR's plus the free converted GuitarHack IR's - but that is not something I intend to use. The IR's that I've intented to use, I now have to pay for again.

Your wave files are no less usable now than they were. If you want the advantage of UltraRes it's going to cost you. Either buy the UltraRes IRs or buy CabLab. If OwnHammer makes longer IRs available to his previous customers that is up to him. He cannot offer UltraRes IRs without a commercial license, which is still being negotiated.

If you don't want to pay any money then use the IRs in regular format and be happy.

Back
Top Bottom