Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 13.02 Released

Quick question regarding cabs. I upgraded to 13 earlier this evening. I just went to look at what spaces I might have open on my user IRs and some of my previously loaded IRs are bolded and italicized. Is this trying to tell me something? Sorry if I've repeated any question that may have already been asked. There has been so much chatter I certainly might have missed it. Thanks in advance.

Lee

In Axe-Manage, an IR in italics indicates an UltraRes IR.

For those who have tried, can you comment on the UltraRes cabs? Just wondering how significant the change is, etc. Thanks!!

The new firmware released tonight has several (maybe 10-12) ultrares cabinets included in the zip. I saved them in my computer, then installed the new axe edit and opened axe manage, and put the free Ultrares cabinets into user cabinet slots in my Axe. FFFFRRRREEEEEEEEE

Oh yes! Had a night work in a studio this night and this is the best gift when one get back to the hotel!

FW 13 looks killer, but my rig is on a gear truck somewhere in Italy, and I won't have it back until Tuesday night.
I have to upload my "extreme patience program" in the meantime ........ there is no spoon/FW13

I woke up in the middle of the night, saw someone posted a bug in Multi-delay. Turned on my rack and I'm having the same issue with the tempo note value reverting to 63/64 on 2 presets I made before bedtime with 13.00. And alas, 13.01 is already out.

I installed it and the note value is holding and recalled correctly after a preset change!!!!

Thanks Fractal for squashing that bug!

When you say the New NULL mic option,in the cab block.. is nutal..

it ads alot of "bass"
i would think it would not do this ??

I love the idea!

Thanks

I confirm, and was surprised also it added bass, and volume using the proximity option (I just discovered...) so I turned down level and added say 25-30% air. The result (did this with the Pete Thorn Slanted cab) is absolutely killer. Coincidence sometimes brings good surprises.

Ok just upgraded from 10.x to 13.01, I'm not a frequent updater…
Sound has changed, some presets for the best and some for the worse, I guess an amp block reset is needed like in previous FW upgrades ? if not, what should be done to fix that? The sound is sometimes muffled or clipping etc.
Thanks.

Friday, Firmware day!

As it's become the tradition.

Saturday, bug fix day!

I hoped it wouldn't be necessary, but here it is anyway!

You know, if you released firmwares on tuesdays you'd have wednesdays to fridays for bug fixes, and maybe some free time in the weekend!
Also, weekend warriors that couldn't resist updating would have bugfixed releases. Hardliners and bugchasers will update asap anyway, even on tuesdays...

Last edited:
Sound has changed, some presets for the best and some for the worse, I guess an amp block reset is needed like in previous FW upgrades ?

Yes, reset the amp block. In my case, with 12.04B, I heard very little change if any, until I reset the amp block.

Terry.

Back
Top Bottom