Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 13.02 Released

Having an issue with Ultra Res.

Updated to 13.0 (first time didn't work, for some reason).

Uploaded one of the included Ultra Res IRs to user slot 5. Changed Cab to Ultra/Hi. When using the new ultra res IR, the output signal clips and there is significant amount of latency.

Anyone else experience this? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

(And thank you Cliff and co. for the note to disconnect the MFC.)

Will UtraRes versions of the previous cab packs be available at some point?

No, the data isn't long enough. We will be going back to the studio to acquire new IRs and will make these available in UltraRes format.

Ah, I did enquire about this the other day

The only cab I use is the 4x12 Basketweave TV Mix from the Mad Oak pack. Still here's hoping one of the bundled ones contains something equally nice :)

Having an issue with Ultra Res.

Updated to 13.0 (first time didn't work, for some reason).

Uploaded one of the included Ultra Res IRs to user slot 5. Changed Cab to Ultra/Hi. When using the new ultra res IR, the output signal clips and there is significant amount of latency.

Anyone else experience this? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

(And thank you Cliff and co. for the note to disconnect the MFC.)

Only use Axe-Edit or a MIDI Librarian to load UltraRes sysex files. CabLab doesn't currently support them.

Nice tip yek, thanks
thumbsup.gif

Reactions: yek
"Added selectable power tube types for Amp block. Available types are: EL34, EL84, 6L6, 6V6, KT66, KT88, 6550, 6973, 6AQ5 and 300B (triode). Also available are an ideal tetrode and ideal pentode. The power tube type defaults to the appropriate type when the amp type is selected but may be overridden by the user. The power tube type presets the Dynamic Damping parameter as well as several internal parameters."

Now this is just INSANE!!

Mind Blown

Fixed delay time in Multi-Delay Ten-Tap mode not updating when changing tempo.

Thanks for fixing this so quickly! also thanks for the new bass amps. Great job FAS. Happy I bought an Axe fx because of the great support and updates!

Super excited to try this out in a few days (sigh). Honestly I'm a bit shocked that there's never been power tube options before now. Better late than never, though!

Thank you Cliff and FAS team... you guys always focusing on details, quality and I think this is your successful secret

I likely would have ended up buying CabLab anyways, that is true, and it does seem a pretty good product..... Though I've been pretty thrilled with Scott's mixes so I've gotten a bit spoiled just being able to have something so good right out of the non-literal box lol.

Realistically I can't be mad at Fractal for advancing the tech, and I can't blame Kevin either, as he made good products, at a good price, which still do sound great. Like I said, just comes down to that thing we've all experiences on some product at one point or another where we wish we would of held off buying it.

In this case I wish I would of not bought them all last month, saved my money and instead bought straight from Fractal in the Ultra version.....such is life though

Probably no chance of maybe licensing some sort of deal with Kevin from OH where he can include UltraRez versions of his products moving forward, and perhaps giving existing customers of his the option to rebuy from him at something like a 50% discount ?

I think a ton of users bought his current stuff over the holidays so I'm probably not the only cheapskate out there who feels this way LOL

My mixes for each speaker are in the UltraRes version of the Cab Pack Three in the Fractal Store.

Every time in the past I read about Fractal playing around with "new IR" stuff coming I secretly hoped that it was some involvement with Ownhammer. I always figured it would be awesome to see some collaboration there, and it seems maybe it's actually going to happen! Very cool stuff indeed :)

Hurra, Hurray!! :) :)

Thank you Cliff, FAS-crew and beta-testers!
Will dig/dive into 13 tomorrow.
Now it's nighty nighty time here.

Includes 10 free ultra res samples !! Super nice for me having only 3 "user" slots filled . Guess I'll have to dive into this IR thing and get me some cab packs :-0 .
So I loaded a few of the samples into blank user slots , changed mode to HI/ULTRA RES and Viola , Is that right ? Does it matter how input select is set at all ?
seems to work GREAT .

My favorite so far is Oh _412_ MAR-CB_L-BB_RBN-121 .... HEAVY with fact preset # 15 recto Modern .

Where can one find descriptions of what these cabs are ? On the ownhamer site ? It would be neat to know what each of these samples were captured from .

Just stoppin in to say awesome update. Just ran through some of my favorite presets, and threw on the new V30 ultra res cab and in instant heaven and I already was using Kevin's impulses to begin with.

I'm going to buy the Ultra Res mix pack very soon just to have everything ultra res. Goodbye to all my custom IRs.

Well done Fractal Team/Cliff/Kevin! Going to be a busy weekend!

Back
Top Bottom