Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 13.02 Released

I think i might be missing something maybe a setting, normal IR's work but I loaded the new Ownhammers and they are silent (no sound). Any idea?
I'm missing something too, I've purchased the new ultrares pack as well but still no sound with them. The regular cabs work normally. I'd love to hear them!

I'm missing something too, I've purchased the new ultrares pack as well but still no sound with them. The regular cabs work normally. I'd love to hear them!

OK I had imported them with cab lab and no go but they work if I import with fractal bot. So try that.

Last edited:
My understanding is that OwnHammer will be providing a free update that includes longer IRs that you can process to create UltraRes files.

To create UltraRes files you will need CabLab. CabLab takes (preferably long) IRs and turns them into UltraRes sysex files. This new version of CabLab will be available shortly. The upgrade will be free for those who have previously purchased it.

If you don't want to go through the hassle of converting the files you can simply purchase the UltraRes pack from us. Included in the UltraRes pack are ".ir" files which is the raw IR data which can be used in CabLab for mixing UltraRes IRs.

Well can't really complain given how many nice updates the Axe has had for free, and the OH IR's are good as is.....BUT.....

That news kind of sucks to be honest

Got to either spend money buying CabLab so I can convert the stuff I've already bought, not to mention taking the time to loud and convert everything, OR, I've got to go rebuy the already converted version from Fractal of the product I just bought last month.

Kind of like no good solution either way that doesn't cost me extra money, which wouldn't be so bad, but as I said, I just bought ALL of the OH stuff last month, so kinda annoying in that regard...

Such is the price (literal) of progress.

Unbelievable!! What an awesome product and awesome company. Thank you for the tireless work and continued drive to perfection.

FYI:

The Stereo mode in the Cab block supports Normal Res only (previously named LoRes).

To run a stereo signal through UltraRes IRs, two Cab blocks in parallel are required, set to UltraRes. Set the (new) Input Select parameter in one Cab to Left and in the other to Right. Also hard-pan Balance in each Cab block.

Holy shit, can't manage to buy the cabs via download. Site comes up with following message : •Please note: Shipping rates have been updated based on your new "ship to" address. Please review then resubmit your order
What am I doing wrong ?

Got to either spend money buying CabLab so I can convert the stuff I've already bought, not to mention taking the time to loud and convert everything, OR, I've got to go rebuy the already converted version from Fractal of the product I just bought last month.

Kind of like no good solution either way that doesn't cost me extra money, which wouldn't be so bad, but as I said, I just bought ALL of the OH stuff last month, so kinda annoying in that regard...

You would've had to buy CabLab anyways. OwnHammer only provides wave files. If you want UltraRes you need to either buy the UltraRes cabs from us or use CabLab to convert the wave files to UltraRes.

Well can't really complain given how many nice updates the Axe has had for free, and the OH IR's are good as is.....BUT.....

That news kind of sucks to be honest

not that I don't get what you're saying. but in the long run, Cab-Lab is a good investment to create and mix any kind of UltraRes IRs.

Back
Top Bottom