Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 12.04 Public Beta

Cliff :)

I have to ask..

Are we in "bass heaven" when you guys drop the official FW ????

When i took a look at the AD for G66,that is linked in this thread. With Nolly,in the ad... My hart skiped a beat

I have to say that this FW version is probably my favorite. I literally am playing till my fingers hurt, it's just to easy to get lost in the tones and look up and a few hours has passed LOL.

Last edited:
Played a gig last night, myself and the other guitar player in the band are running the 12.04 beta. We were out front during sound check listening to us come through FOH. We looked at each other and our reaction was Holy Sh@t this sounds Incredible! :encouragement: We got a lot of positive comments regarding the tone, and that place was full of musicians.

After rehearsal last night, I realize I might have to do the unthinkable... I might have to turn DOWN the gain ! =:-O. ;-)

Did you recently update your MFC to firmware 3.00? If so, the IA assignments changed. If this is the case, the Read Me file explains how to reassign them.

I did update the MFC recently to 3.00. If the reassignment is the issue, I must have gotten through my last gig without banking up, which is possible...most of my live presets are in one bank :) I'll take a look at the release notes for the update and see. Thanks a lot for responding. Guess I could try running the 3.00 and/or 12.04 FW update again as well.

Jim

I really like what this did for my low & mid gain presets but I had to do a fair bit of tweaking on some if my high gain patches.

Hearing the different tube types

Hopefully some one can shed some additional light on this tube issue I'm having or think I'm having. When I used the editor or the dials on the face of the AX II, changing the tubes in any amp I don't hear any change at all. Although I see the tube types changing I hear no effect.
Does the amps have to be cranked to hear this change? At first I thought it might be my editor but I'm getting the same results straight from the Ax II, NOTHING!
Help somebody!!!!!!!

The same here. There is no change in sound going to matrix + guitar cab. However, I use mainly low to medium gain amps like class A or plexies. It proves various members's points - tubes don't have a sound. It's all in the amp's design and like Cliff said - the effect is usually very subtle. Obviously too subtle for my ageing ears.
There's this new Engl amp where you can switch between various power amp tubes. To be honest - I never understood how sane people spend thousands of Euros on that gimmick which doesn't seem to change anything in sound as far as my 'vintage ears' are concerned. Maybe someone can illuminate me... ;-)

Hopefully some one can shed some additional light on this tube issue I'm having or think I'm having. When I used the editor or the dials on the face of the AX II, changing the tubes in any amp I don't hear any change at all. Although I see the tube types changing I hear no effect.
Does the amps have to be cranked to hear this change? At first I thought it might be my editor but I'm getting the same results straight from the Ax II, NOTHING!
Help somebody!!!!!!!

what change in sound are you expecting?

To paraphrase, I think Cliff said something like "tubes have no inherent tonal qualities per se - it's how they interact with the other parts of an amp that shape the resultant sound"

Back
Top Bottom