Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 12.04 Public Beta

Did anyone else experience MFC Mk II problems after upgrading to FW 12.04? My bank up bottom will not bank up, and the light remains on constantly...can't remember if it always did that.

If you are having to reset your amp models then try reloading the FW update. My axe started acting crazy and was changing the amp model sound when I changed presets (to the wrong sound). I reset the AXE and reloaded the FW and it seems fine now.

So for you guys that are updating your model in each preset, be advised. IMHO, you shouldn't need to reset anything about the presets; the amps update for each preset automatically.

I've played through about 40 or 50 different models last night and today, trying to figure this problem out. They sound good but it's a subtle difference that is definitely more noticeable with volume. So turn it the f up! :)

Did anyone else experience MFC Mk II problems after upgrading to FW 12.04? My bank up bottom will not bank up, and the light remains on constantly...can't remember if it always did that.

Try to reload the update. Also there is a new note with the update to disconnect the MFC when you update.

Did you recently update your MFC to firmware 3.00? If so, the IA assignments changed. If this is the case, the Read Me file explains how to reassign them.

Amazing stuff, FAS!!! I have been playing with this update for the last 8 hours or so.

It brings all my usual presets to life and really makes me inspired to chase new sounds as well.

Bravo!

Hi all, I know this has probably been asked before, but do I need to use the update all presets on the Axe Menu after I Install the 12.04 Beta ? And will this wipeout my Existing Programmed Presets ?

Last edited:
No, you shouldn't need to update your presets. A few people have reported they did, and I did as well on my first FW install. But I started finding the amps were not stable when I changed presets. I reinstalled and it's fine now. I do not need to update the presets for the new amp definitions to work.

Hope that makes sense.

What cab IR's do you like with the Shiver, Rosh? Or are you using a cab + Poweramp?

I go FOH with an own hammer mix. M75+V30 (English). Using sm57 on both speakers and then R121 -1.5db. All done in cab lab. Sometimes I'll go as low as -3db. Depending if I'm playing with keyboards or whatever.

Then I go into a matrix gt800fx. Into port city 2x12 cab with Scumback m75s

Tubes

I loaded the AX FX 4beta that added the ablity to use dfferent tube types with any amp. When I switch to these different tube types, should there be a drastic tone change in the Amp? I've used both the editor and change the settings in the ax Fx and don't seem to notice any differance in sound. What might I be doing wrong? Is there a trick to changing tube types ? Must I press enter somewhere after changing the tube?

I loaded the AX FX 4beta that added the ablity to use dfferent tube types with any amp. When I switch to these different tube types, should there be a drastic tone change in the Amp? I've used both the editor and change the settings in the ax Fx and don't seem to notice any differance in sound. What might I be doing wrong? Is there a trick to changing tube types ? Must I press enter somewhere after changing the tube?
Nope, just change the tube type , you should hear the difference immediately! I do! I love it!!!

It depends on the MV and the amp. Very subtile with some amps and really hearing and feeling it with others.

As allways: better when it's loud :D

Hi,

I've read a few pages here and there but couldn't find if there is an official release date for the v12.04 (the official one, not the beta).
Anyway, great work continuing to improve an already impressive device!

Cheers from France
CaptainW

Hi,

I've read a few pages here and there but couldn't find if there is an official release date for the v12.04 (the official one, not the beta).
Anyway, great work continuing to improve an already impressive device!

Cheers from France
CaptainW

no "official" date yet. 0.4beta is near bug free, so you may wanna go ahead and try it.

I felt like god of rock'n roll while playing AC/DC "All hail Caesar". A patch tweaked just right, with very little breakup on just the hardest hits and a P90 equipped guitar that barks like an drunken evil grand piano on steroids!

Is the download link on the OP the latest beta revision? With 12.03 beta, I believe there were multiple revisions (A, B, C, D) I read through most of this thread (a long one at that) and don't see any additional downloads.

Back
Top Bottom