Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 12.04 Public Beta

For a couple years I've been procrastinating tracking bass in my big project to re-track/re-master my live show productions.

I was waiting for Axe-Fx bass rigs! Yea, that's it!

Great news about the bass development- I'm a guitar player but am thinking about getting a bass to pick up gigs.

Could I use a matrix GT1000 FX for a bass cabinet as well as a guitar one? That'd be pretty cool, as IDK if FRFR would be the way to go for bass

I would of thought the new high resolution IRs would greatly help with bass sounds so maybe we'll get more bass amps & cabs when that's rolled out.

I guess it's all in there - but nobody can use it yet.....

Added Dump feature to IR Capture utility. After an IR has been captured pressing this button will dump a full, unprocessed, 8K sample IR to the USB port.

My gut says FRFR might actually be better for bass than guitar, and it clearly works well for guitar... *shrugs*

I've got to chip in, I thought when I bought my AFXII on FW10 I'd be throwing money away since the AFX3 would surely be right around the corner, but it just keeps turning into a better buy!

I edited my post - read again! And believe me - nobody talk about a single amp here! We have just one in the AxeFx yet today......and in terms what is best? For my pleasure regarding bass, I need to hear brands like EBS, MarkBass, Acoustic, Polytone(!!), Gallien&Krueger,SWR, Trace Elliot, Demeter, the big MesaBoogie 400+ etc.

be patience - we will see! I have a feeling there is something in the air....

Still doesn't mean the best bass amps. Doesn't mean anything really until it is released. What's in there now includes some of the worst bass amps in history IMHO. It would just be nice to see some truly high end stuff there rather than just prosumer level gear.

Still doesn't mean the best bass amps. Doesn't mean anything really until it is released. What's in there now includes some of the worst bass amps in history IMHO. It would just be nice to see some truly high end stuff there rather than just prosumer level gear.

Then go away and play with your so called "highend gear" (if you can!!), your speech annoys the heck out of me.....

Great news about the bass development- I'm a guitar player but am thinking about getting a bass to pick up gigs.

Could I use a matrix GT1000 FX for a bass cabinet as well as a guitar one? That'd be pretty cool, as IDK if FRFR would be the way to go for bass

I have done this. Matrix GT800>Ampeg 4x10 sounds great.

Good to know. Wish I had a 5 space rack though >:[ .... Axe, G90, Senn EW300, and now I feel like I could use a GT1000 or 800....dang

Anyone try tone matching with the new firmware? If so how is that sounding?
It's an area of the Axe I have yet to explore but I have some ideas.

Anyone try tone matching with the new firmware? If so how is that sounding?
It's an area of the Axe I have yet to explore but I have some ideas.

Sounds great but it always has IMO.

I'm going to do some videos soon demonstrating this. I'm going to get Cooper to come up and tape it. I'll bring a couple amps to the studio and maybe a Pod HD and a Kemper and do some matches of them.

I think people just don't understand how to do it well enough so I want to do some video tutorials. I'll do it the "hard way" and then the "easy way".

"Best" is VERY subjective imo.

I'm going to do some videos soon demonstrating this. I'm going to get Cooper to come up and tape it. I'll bring a couple amps to the studio and maybe a Pod HD and a Kemper and do some matches of them.

I think people just don't understand how to do it well enough so I want to do some video tutorials. I'll do it the "hard way" and then the "easy way".

That will be fantastic, thanks as always Cliff!

Ok. Kinda looking forward to that ;)

Then go away and play with your so called "highend gear" (if you can!!), your speech annoys the heck out of me.....

What is your problem?!?!?!?! I have been playing bass, which is my main axe, since '67. I know what the F I am doing & I guaranty I can play circles around you! I know what I like & if you don't like it, too bad, Ignore me. All I am saying is the Axe has nearly every esoteric guitar amp, many of which most people have never even heard of, let alone played. Why not have that same level of quality for bass?

Back
Top Bottom