Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 12.04 Public Beta

btw, I really like the oh modern pack celestion creambacks lately.
anyone using them? what are the lf res, hf res, q and the frequency values that you are using?

interesting, I'll give that a go on the 5153 and see what it feels like. I'm just curious where you are ending up on the 5150ish models with the master setting? Im around 5 at the moment

I played on MV:7-8 on a real Peavey 5150. It got really compressed and creamy! So don't be afraid to go higher ;) You might need to lower the gain though.

Not a lot to add to all the comments and praise to this update but :
Thank you FAS, for constant listening to comments and hard work
The low res is realy nice now, its true that it adds something when pushed, difficult to expresss but kind of "more there"
It's nice to have the ability to on/off the sag, you see directly the difference in sound and feel compared to previous firmware and the benefit of it now
I like the "virtual tubes" choice, it's subtle but a great add , plus it's fast and you don't have to tweak 10 knobs
I like some amps and cabs that I didn't before
The Axe II doesn't cease to amaze me :)

Seems I will be reaching for the LF Res Parameter adjust a lot .
Is there a way to assign this to the " Quick control" ABCD Knobs on Front panel of the AF2 ?

QUOTE=Holyoli;979098]Not a lot to add to all the comments and praise to this update but :
Thank you FAS, for constant listening to comments and hard work
The low res is realy nice now, its true that it adds something when pushed, difficult to expresss but kind of "more there"
It's nice to have the ability to on/off the sag, you see directly the difference in sound and feel compared to previous firmware and the benefit of it now
I like the "virtual tubes" choice, it's subtle but a great add , plus it's fast and you don't have to tweak 10 knobs
I like some amps and cabs that I didn't before
The Axe II doesn't cease to amaze me :)[/QUOTE]

OK. This is a first for me.

Last night I followed my normal process, and listened to the clips. Hmmmmm. Not sure I hear a difference. I downgraded, re-recorded one of the clips, and upgraded again. Same result. If there's a difference it's very subtle.

I'm going to repeat this process tomorrow night using a different guitar and a different set of patches. In the meantime, have I missed something that will make me do a palm-slap? :stupid:

Problem solved!

I had to reset the amp(s) in each patch. The difference was immediately obvious. Wowzer!

"3 dimensional" is a great way to characterize things. The other term that came to mind was "round". I'm pretty sure Mesa Engineering used "round" in those glossy catalogs they used to send out back in the day. The increased depth and realism of the upgrade is substantial.

I am going to do as a few have suggested, remove my PEQ's and start fresh with amp and cab IR selections. That would normally be a discouraging thought, as it generally takes me a quite while to really dial in a tone. However, I got the sense after fiddling around for a half hour last night that things will go quickly. Time for a new adventure!

Cliff, from a marketing perspective I encourage you to consider incrementing this version by a major number, perhaps to 14? Going from 12.03 to 12.04 understates the significance. This change deserves all the fan fare and buzz that comes with a major version upgrade.

Terry.

Reactions: ALE
Yeah, too bad about not getting enough buzz from this release. Only 13,000 views and 450 posts in a couple of days.

Reactions: ALE
From the release notes:

" - added preamp sag parameter to advanced menu in amp block -"

sorry about this, I'm sure it's a stupid question .. but where are the advanced menu of the amp block ?

all I see in Axe Edit is the following tabs ..
Basic
GEQ
Speaker
Dynamics
Power
Tone
Other

I know I need new glasses but .. hehehe

I played on MV:7-8 on a real Peavey 5150. It got really compressed and creamy! So don't be afraid to go higher ;) You might need to lower the gain though.

Just remember the MV parameter is not an exact translation to the actual real world amp. Cliff stated earlier that the MV is not part of "Mimic" or accurate to the original taper. So it's not exactly a 1-to-1 setting, but i'm sure it's in the same ballpark. thanks for the tip!

Yeah, too bad about not getting enough buzz from this release. Only 13,000 views and 450 posts in a couple of days.

I'm thinking about those outside of the forum. People who may keep up through the Facebook page for example. News of a major new release draws people back in. Those who were thinking of buying will look again and maybe pull the trigger.

Terry.

from a marketing perspective I encourage you to consider incrementing this version by a major number, perhaps to 14? Going from 12.03 to 12.04 understates the significance.
What's wrong with v13? There's already a "divided by 13" amp model. Are we that superstitious?

From the release notes:

" - added preamp sag parameter to advanced menu in amp block -"

sorry about this, I'm sure it's a stupid question .. but where are the advanced menu of the amp block ?

all I see in Axe Edit is the following tabs ..
Basic
GEQ
Speaker
Dynamics
Power
Tone
Other

I know I need new glasses but .. hehehe

New parameters will not be in Axe Edit until they update it. The advanced page refers to the front panel which is the only way to access it now. Why it is different from the front panel to the software is beyond me.

interesting, I'll give that a go on the 5153 and see what it feels like. I'm just curious where you are ending up on the 5150ish models with the master setting? Im around 5 at the moment
Eddie runs his around 3-4 (5153). not sure if that's the tone you're going for and like someone else stated, the MV doesn't translate 1:1, but that seems to be the sweetspot to the guy who "made" that amp.

Back
Top Bottom