Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 12.04 Public Beta

I would just hate it. Cliff is smart. And so are you. Playing beats the dealing with the masses, the noise, and all the hubbub, bub.

I've only been to the summer NAMM shows in Nashville 3 or 4 times. I'm a gear whore. I loved geekin' out on all the gear and watching all the wannabee rockstars and their rad chicks.

Hey

I mean that its a amazing if you have possibility ,sound same like previous firmware. And second possibility like joegold was say ,reset amp blocks to get that new firmware feel and tone there. In my case I always want sound same like before ,but would be nice to try new features. But most important thing in my case is ,when I update something I always want that my tone will not chance.

Have you tried selecting older firmware amp modelling techniques in the amp menu?

Updates to amp simulation are of course going to change the tone, that's the idea!

Hey

I mean that its a amazing if you have possibility ,sound same like previous firmware. And second possibility like joegold was say ,reset amp blocks to get that new firmware feel and tone there. In my case I always want sound same like before ,but would be nice to try new features. But most important thing in my case is ,when I update something I always want that my tone will not chance.

You could back up all of your banks, system, and cabs. Then update and experiment for a while. If it doesn't work for you, restore from backup. I do it every time. It's always good to have backups. I keep learning that lesson myself, the hard way!

Don't want change? Don't change the firmware. Anyone in the middle of the recording session or tour knows that.

I'm not trying to be smart. That's just the truth.

Exactly. I backed everything up and then saved my normal preset (I make good use of scenes) to a separate bank. I used that one for the tweaking and experimenting.

As I understand it, it's now possible to use higher MV values, with less negative consequences.

Not a recommendation to do so, per se. Whether you like it, and at which value, is up to you. Depends on the guitar too.

For my taste (low-mid gain), it definitely sounds better to increase MV and LF, and reduce input gain. It gives it that looser, more open feel which I prefer, even with higher-gain MV amps which normally default to lower values (like the Friedman) without getting all flubby or farty. I've found that the Suhr Badger 30 just comes to life when you dime the MV, cut the bass and set the input gain in the 3-3.5 territory. I'm using a Strat with single coils, YMMV.

Hey

I have not tried chance amp settings ,because those settings was same like my previous firmware.

Have you tried selecting older firmware amp modelling techniques in the amp menu?

Updates to amp simulation are of course going to change the tone, that's the idea!

Last edited:
Just updated to new firmware. Cranked the mv on the friedman hbe reduced the input gain slightly and turned the level down a touch. Only played it quiet but sounded really tight and more responsive when I rolled the guitar volume down.

Awesome update looking forward to gigging it.

Just updated to new firmware. Cranked the mv on the friedman hbe reduced the input gain slightly and turned the level down a touch. Only played it quiet but sounded really tight and more responsive when I rolled the guitar volume down.

Awesome update looking forward to gigging it.

You may also want to try increasing the Low Res to ~8.5 or so...serious tightening of the bottom end and extremely responsive!

What is the proper way to adjust the low freq res ? Do we rail the Res. Level first , then adjust the freq??

Also, is there anyway to assign these two controls to the ABCD Quick assigns of the Front panel ? Seems we may need this a lot for a bit.
Thx

You may also want to try increasing the Low Res to ~8.5 or so...serious tightening of the bottom end and extremely responsive!

Because they haven't figured out how to have Axe-Edit add new parameters to its interface automagically. How do you get a program to add knobs and buttons to its interface by itself? Have you ever seen software that does that? How does it decide where it should put those interface items and how they should look and what they should control and have that go bugfree? If you know, please tell Fractal.
It's quite easy and quite common. I personally have written pieces of software that have controls that come and go depending on what is needed, it's no big trick for a programmer.

What is the proper way to adjust the low freq res ? Do we rail the Res. Level first , then adjust the freq??

Also, is there anyway to assign these two controls to the ABCD Quick assigns of the Front panel ? Seems we may need this a lot for a bit.
Thx

I thought post 565 in this thread by flyingfadr is a clever way of adjusting the Low Res Freq:

"Go to the Speaker page in the Amp block where it shows the LF Res parameter... boost the Level (Resonance) ALL the way, then adjust the LF Res Frequency until you find the one that pumps your low end the way you want, then adjust the Level back down to realistic level that still sounds great to you..."

Sounds good. Are these params assignable to the ABCD knobs somehow ?

I think the only way to do this with abcd knobs is to choose the speaker page on the front panel and turn the value knob until the parameters are covered in the abcd range. This would have to be done individually for each preset.

Great rehearsal tonight using the Ruby Rocket an OH cabinet with MV and Low Res pushed. The sound via the CLR and the PA was simply fantastic!!

I usually don't chime in on these threads but I built a few presets using this new firmware for rehearsal tonight (CLR as monitor with FOH also coming back to input 1 and AFII in input 2) and this new firmware is really getting so close to being perfect through my home CLR! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Has anyone had any problems with 'update all presets' not sticking? Did it last night and had to redo it this morning. Do I have to save it in some way?

Has anyone had any problems with 'update all presets' not sticking? Did it last night and had to redo it this morning.

I noticed the same thing. I have a small number of patches so I reset the amp sim in each one, followed by a save.

Terry.

Tried 12.04b FW in rehearsal tonight
I run AFX2 > Matrix > Marshall 4*12
Wow ...the presence of my signal in the room was impressive. And I'm competing with an SVT bass rig and 1qty orange 1/2 stack + 1qty Marshall 1/2 stack.
I only had time to tweak one preset before rehearsal. But wow those solos jumped right out and were quite juicy, hairy, and angry all at the same time
It's really hard to deny the increased accuracy.
Many many thanks Cliff.
Your obsessive dedication for improvement is inspiring.

Back
Top Bottom