Axe-Fx II Firmware V12.00 Up

if i knew, i wouldn't be so sad about standard IR's. the IR seems like such a big compromise within the axe.
i also think that there is a better technology known (cliff metioned somehting like that in the past IIRC)
and i always said, if it requires an extra big black box with massive processing power,so be it...i'd buy it.

This Box is called Two-Notes Torpedo VB101, but i doubt it will sound more accuratethan wat we have still now. I A/Bed a simultaneous recording from a miced Cab with the IR of that miced Cab and remember you stated hearing appreciable differences. For me, differences were indistinguishable. With this expertise for myself i can only repeat: to me, the Cab Block is absolutely not a weak point. It represent the reality very very well. HiRes will improve the accuracy in the low end maybe a bit better, but i bet it will not be night and day, how could it, if it`s right now so damn accurate?! IMHO.

jeez…. I got a gig next week…

do I load this… or do I not???

I know I wanna… I know I do… lol...

This Box is called Two-Notes Torpedo VB101, but i doubt it will sound more accuratethan wat we have still now. I A/Bed a simultaneous recording from a miced Cab with the IR of that miced Cab and remember you stated hearing appreciable differences. For me, differences were indistinguishable. With this expertise for myself i can only repeat: to me, the Cab Block is absolutely not a weak point. It represent the reality very very well. HiRes will improve the accuracy in the low end maybe a bit better, but i bet it will not be night and day, how could it, if it`s right now so damn accurate?! IMHO.

the torpedo is just a hardware box that is using standard IR's and combining them with some DSP (iirc) stuff for a bit more tweakability, there is no advanced thechnology in this box, however it's not convincing.

the IR thing, it's not just about sound or frequency response, modulation whatever.
i recently bought a mini amp (orange micro terror with the fitting box) this thing sounds amazing,
it's dynamic and present without being harsh.

exactly this is not possible with IR's they either sound harsh or muddy even if the frequencies match with te real thing.
all these new libraries and mixing doesen't change that at all, it's either black or white but everything inbetween is missing.

unfortunately i do not have the technical knowledge to strenghten my standpoint...

Thanks Sir.

Edit: I'm "feel"in the "clarity" in this update Cliff. :)

Improved Amp block power supply current draw modeling which improves “feel”.

Improved Amp block phase-inverter-to-power-tube-grid interaction modeling which improves transient response resulting in faster attack. This also improves the clarity of notes especially when using heavily overdriven power amp settings.

Last edited:
the IR thing, it's not just about sound or frequency response, modulation whatever.
i recently bought a mini amp (orange micro terror with the fitting box) this thing sounds amazing,
it's dynamic and present without being harsh.

exactly this is not possible with IR's they either sound harsh or muddy even if the frequencies match with te real thing.
all these new libraries and mixing doesen't change that at all, it's either black or white but everything inbetween is missing.

unfortunately i do not have the technical knowledge to strenghten my standpoint...

Still not harsh when you put your ears where the mike would be in a "normal" close miked situation?

I've been very busy with many things and apologize if your pet amp/pedal/wish didn't make it into this firmware.

Axe-Edit support to follow shortly.

How dare you apologize for your relentless dedication. Many thanks with much gratitude for this insane machine, Cliff. Love the addition of the LED clip type. :encouragement:

Last edited:
Lots of great things in this update and Cliff is really listening to users. Thanks a lot Cliff for the incredible dedication. I can't wait to try 12.0 tomorrow.

Thanks Cliff, very keen to try this out. The scene controllers I think will be VERY useful :)

Nothing new shows up in Axe Edit until that is updated too.

I had thought the whole idea of the "new paradigm" axe edit was that new firmware versions didn't require new Axe Edit. (shrug) I ain't complaining, just a mite confused.

Thanks Cliff, very keen to try this out. The scene controllers I think will be VERY useful :)

I had thought the whole idea of the "new paradigm" axe edit was that new firmware versions didn't require new Axe Edit. (shrug) I ain't complaining, just a mite confused.

Any new parameters won't show up since these require a human to manually place the knobs in the skin. New amps, etc. will automatically show up though as that data is queried.

Back
Top Bottom